Crankcase PCV Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase PCV Valve

The crank PCV valve doesn’t seem to be doing much, it is moving if you blow/suck on the pipe but there’s only minimal difference. Not sure what problems this might cause on 2L diesel? Anyway any advice on where to get a replacement

cheers

Part number is cdu1102, if you know anyone living in a country that this bloke will ship to he has one on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/333272670506 or there is one here https://www.oliveiravalentimlda.com/...aestro-Montego. I've never had any problems caused by them, it is not unknown for the breather hose to end up in the chassis. Lack of crankcase vacum will show up any weaknesses in oil seals etc, but not like a Lister which will spit its dipstick out and tip oil everywhere if you so much as miss the air cleaner off!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will contact the guy on eBay

not a connected subject but I also seem to have developed a fuel leak! Very difficult to identify exactly where it’s coming from but appears to be on the return line under where it clamps to the crankcase. I would have to take it off to confirm but is that a known point of failure for a fuel line? Of course the next question is can you buy spare? I guess a new one can be made using old pipe as template

Cheers

Comment

Don't remember one of those pipes leaking, but they often seem to be rusty, you could just bypass it with a flexi if need be...

Comment

Yes I realised that you could run flexi pipe instead. Actually I had added a tee to the return line ready for an air separator so I had a hose I could run to the injector pump to bypass the steel pipe as a test. The leak stopped so I took the steel pipe out to have a look. It was actually leaking in two places, one under the clamp plate and another where pipe had been rubbing on the oil filler bracket, both result of rubbing not rust.

Bit worried about the feed line but it looks ok so I’ve put some rubber under where the clamp is.

Comment

Also just going back to the breather valve - under what conditions is the valve supposed to close? With the engine on idle air is blowing out of the valve, from what I’ve read it maybe should be closed when engine is idling

Comment

Originally posted by Martingo View Post
              Also just going back to the breather valve - under what conditions is the valve supposed to close? With the engine on idle air is blowing out of the valve, from what I’ve read it maybe should be closed when engine is idling
              I think it just prevents the crankcase vacum becoming excessive, not much about it in the Perkins book, I'll see if Freight Rover had any more to say, if I can find their version of the manual!

Comment

Working...
              X