X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by maltes View Post
    Thank you very much for your help Jeff. Sorry for not thanking you sooner. I'll try to adjust it according to the manual. All the best,
    Not a problem, have fun with it

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    replied

Thank you very much for your help Jeff. Sorry for not thanking you sooner. I'll try to adjust it according to the manual. All the best,

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    If you can't read anything or don't understand let me know

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Last Parts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Next parts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    First parts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by maltes View Post
    Thank you very much Jeff, The o-rings were changed. But the carburetor adjustment was not done. Could you explain to me a little how to re-setting the cold start settings and mixture setting on the carb? Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help
    It's a bit complicated typing it out so i will take pictures of my manual and post them up for you.

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    replied

Thank you very much Jeff, The o-rings were changed. But the carburetor adjustment was not done. Could you explain to me a little how to re-setting the cold start settings and mixture setting on the carb? Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Hi Maltes, have you tried re-setting the cold start settings and mixture setting on the carb and when you changed the stepper motor did you also change the O rings?

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    started a topic Bad cold start montego 1.6

Bad cold start montego 1.6

Good morning, For quite some time now I have had a bad cold start on my Montego 1.6 SL. After moving the engine starter a couple of times, when it starts it turns off if you don't accelerate it. Then it works perfectly. The fuel pump and automatic steeper have been changed. From what I have verified, it costs less to start when the fuel tank is full, as it empties it becomes more difficult. I have verified that pressing the accelerator pedal fully before starting starts better and the starter works better (it goes up to 1500 rpm and then goes down progressively). The feeling I have is that for some reason there is not enough fuel when starting. I don't know if it's a carburetor problem, if so I don't know what I should look at? Or it could also be a problem with the fuel line from the fuel tank (could the outlet filter be dirty?) to the fuel pump. Do you have any idea what could happen? Thank you very much, greetings,
Working...
X