2.0 TD camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 TD camshaft

Is the camshaft used in the 2.0 TD (marine equivalent: M80T) the same as that used in the other marine variants (M50, M60)? I am in need of a camshaft and a valve cover after a broken valve spring, but here in the US the only parts I can seem to find are for the marine engines. The part number stamped in my cam is WFM1453.

Does anyone have a camshaft and valve cover for a 2.0 TD they can part with?

Many thanks!
    -Peter

As far as I know all of the various Prima camshafts, turbo and non turbo are the same, covers are also the same (this applies to the Volvo MD22 series of marine diesels too). The only 'but' is that the covers are line bored on the head, so if you replace the cover you will either be lucky & the bearing surfaces will match up, or you'll need to take the dowels out, line up the bearing surfaces, then devise an alternative method of dowelling the cover to the head. I might have a spare, but I guess the postage costs to the US might be fairly high.

Comment

If you happened to have a spare camshaft, I would certainly be interested in it, regardless of the prices to get it here! I have a lead on a complete motor that suffered a broken timing belt, breaking the cam, but the rest of it appears to be fine. Importantly the bearing surfaces on the head and valve cover are unscathed. So between the two motors I think I can make another runner!

Comment

Originally posted by KorytheLorry View Post
        If you happened to have a spare camshaft, I would certainly be interested in it, regardless of the prices to get it here! I have a lead on a complete motor that suffered a broken timing belt, breaking the cam, but the rest of it appears to be fine. Importantly the bearing surfaces on the head and valve cover are unscathed. So between the two motors I think I can make another runner!
        I have found a spare camshaft, between the bathroom scales and computer it does look as though it will be quite expensive to post...so far it looks as though it would end up with a total of about £90. I haven't looked too far into it, so might be able to find a cheaper way.

Comment

Ouch! But still cheaper than anything stateside with a "marine" label on it. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Working...
          X