MG Turbo Exhaust Valve Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Turbo Exhaust Valve Seals

To try and make this information easy to find. With the original part NLA, a direct replacement is an Elring item, part number 104-380.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Thanks for this unformation.
    Has anyone used these valve seals and could they share their experiences?
    Also for completeness, can you advise on the equivalent Turbo inlet valve seals and where is the best place to obtain them?
    Are these inlet valve seals used for both inlet and exhaust seals for all 2.0 litre engines, as I have an early (1985) Efi?
    Any recommendations on where to buy inlet & exhaust valves?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mreasto View Post
      Thanks for this unformation.
      Has anyone used these valve seals and could they share their experiences?
      Also for completeness, can you advise on the equivalent Turbo inlet valve seals and where is the best place to obtain them?
      Are these inlet valve seals used for both inlet and exhaust seals for all 2.0 litre engines, as I have an early (1985) Efi?
      Any recommendations on where to buy inlet & exhaust valves?
      Thanks
      EFi stem seals are freely available from Rimmers ,efi exhaust and inlet are the same. Later efi used different seals that maybe the same as a k series but I'm not sure. They do look the same as I've compared, early are definitely different as said, available from rimmers. Exhaust turbo are available as per the thread on eBay, inlet are efi on turbo engines
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff,
        Thanks for the prompt reply which confirms my EPC which has the valve seals (inlet only for Turbo) as AHU 1626A and available from Rimmers.
        I understand that the Turbo exhaust valve has a larger stem diameter (~8mm) which appears to require a larger cup valve and pair of cotter valves. Interestingly, the valve spring seats are unchanged from EFi. Can these normally be reused for head overhaul as they are unavailable from Rimmers?
        My EPC advises that inlet valves are CAM 1235. Rimmers have UAM 7713 available (shown as fitted to SD1!) but would this fit my early Efi or Turbo cars?
        I have looked through threads on this site and Wilcox of Wickwar is recommended but they now appear to be a Citroen dealer.
        Can anyone recommend a supplier of head parts - valve springs, cup valves, cotters, valve spring seats?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mreasto View Post
          Hi Jeff,
          Thanks for the prompt reply which confirms my EPC which has the valve seals (inlet only for Turbo) as AHU 1626A and available from Rimmers.
          I understand that the Turbo exhaust valve has a larger stem diameter (~8mm) which appears to require a larger cup valve and pair of cotter valves. Interestingly, the valve spring seats are unchanged from EFi. Can these normally be reused for head overhaul as they are unavailable from Rimmers?
          My EPC advises that inlet valves are CAM 1235. Rimmers have UAM 7713 available (shown as fitted to SD1!) but would this fit my early Efi or Turbo cars?
          I have looked through threads on this site and Wilcox of Wickwar is recommended but they now appear to be a Citroen dealer.
          Can anyone recommend a supplier of head parts - valve springs, cup valves, cotters, valve spring seats?
          Thanks
          Springs and colletts can be reused, Exhaust stem seals are larger and the part number put up above is the same for turbo exhaust stem seals. I have used on 3 cylinder heads and they are ok, they do need a little more pushing on to the seats as they're a metal surround but using a lubricant they can be pushed home. Unless your valves are knackered or pitted they can be reused
          Wilcox have many parts for Maestro/Montego still in their warehouse. If you call them wait for the MG parts on the answerphone then speak to John Wilcox as he can help with any parts/part numbers

Comment

If you look at post 179, I have shown the different stem seal, turbo on the left, later model in the centre, efi on the right https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...305#post336305
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 10th October 2022, 10:47.

Comment

Working...
            X