Diesel Van exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Van exhaust

Not really a part number, but I had to fit an exhaust from another van as mine fell to bits.. Knowing that they are very hard to find I decided to measure the angles of the various bends, so that I can make the next one up using the ready made bends that are available from Demon Tweeks, Ebay and various other places. The information may be useful to anyone contemplating the same plan. Some are not standard angles, but a bit of twisting on the joints should allow for a few degrees of error. The pipe that fits into the downpipe is 1 13/16" od first bend 7°. then .40°. 32° then silencer, this is 21" from the front end of the pipe and is 18" long, 6 1/2" wide, 4" deep..first bend behind silencer is 30° & needs to be a short bend, unless you use a shorter silencer, or reposition it... nnext is 32°..65° then the centre to tailpipe joint, if using clamp on bends this will not matter, as there will be plenty of joints already.. the over axle bend is..55°..100°..52° but could be replaced by an off the shelf over axle bend if you were prepared to do a bit of juggling, next is the tail silencer which is 13 1/2" long, 5" diameter followed by a 26° bend to bring the tailpipe out perpindicular to the back bumper. Using stainless parts from ebay it would probably cost between £200 and £250 depending what silencers you use & whether you increase the diameter, so worth checking your local custom exhaust shop prices before clicking on 'buy it now'.
    Attached Files
Working...
X