No announcement yet.

maestro-montego fog lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humm, i don't remember free spaces with the electrical mirror, dimmer and rear wiper and washer.

If i change the dashboard with the montego, y can put the rear wiper-washer on the free spaces with the rear fog light and rear defrost?

Comment

There will be two switch to the left of your steering wheel, rear wash/wipe and wiper, below is a coin tray. On earlier models around 86-87 you could get a panel with six switches but it didnt last very long. I have this panel on my car, i found it from a scrapper many many years ago.

Comment

in spain it's impossible to find a maestro, so that is because i'm looking for a montego dahs

Comment

Ok, if you want to you can fit the montego dash surround which has the ashtray bit in it. On the montego this contains 4 switches with the clock above. On the maestro it has an ashtray instead of the switches and a different clock.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Who's noticed the LHD MG Maestro has a brown dash facia?

Comment

Replace the dash speedo surround to one without the ashtray !!! a later one witch has space for 4 switches.and spray to the colour of you trim.That is what i did.
              Last edited by TLC; 6th August 2009, 13:58.
              Sure & steadfast.
              BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
              1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

the dash was remade in leather, but the result is really bad. But find another maestro dahs in spain is impossible. So the idea to put the montego clock and 4 switches is good, i do it and try to remake the dahs .

Comment

Front fog light switch was also used in the post-85 facelifted Lotus Excel I think. However these will also be equally rare in Spain!
                  M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                  Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Yes but landrovers, freelanders and rangerovers should be far more easily found!

My auxillary driving lamp switch is from a freelander I think
                    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

you are not very friends to put photos for ilustrate me .

Comment

Working...
                      X