A couple of additions to the HL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of additions to the HL...

Thought I'd share some recent 'mods' to HL1. Nothing drastic or in-your-face about them, though. The art is in being subtle.

Last week saw the addition of chrome indicator repeator surrounds, as inspired by a Mini I came across at a recent show.

Yesterday I came up with the idea to modify the high-level brake light to produce the Austin Rover logo when lit under braking. In the past I've seen stickers which do this and having already had mine apart in the past I knew it would be fairly easy to just insert a piece of card infront of the red lense. I'm impressed with the results, but sadly the photos don't show it as good as it really is!

Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Love the brake light Steve!

Comment

Very nice, loving your work!

Comment

I like the chrome indicator surrounds: they’re a nice, subtle touch to a car already embellished with exterior brightwork.

Not too keen on the brakelight mod. 10/10 for inventiveness and execution, but HLBLs are supposed to be a safety-feature, designed so that drivers two cars behind can see you’ve bailed the anchors, so personally I wouldn't at all risk compromising their sight of, or understanding of, what’s just lit up.

But at the end of the day it's your car, and it’s not like you’ve committed irreversible butchery is it.
        Last edited by G51 NAV; 3rd October 2010, 11:08. Reason: Must learn to spell embellished
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Like the mods. Very subtle but improved
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car