Rover 220 turbo conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
    Trouble with MG Turbos is they attracted compulsive fiddlers: most of them would have been far more reliable if their bonnets had been welded shut at the point of sale.
    LOL I think you have a valid argument there John I Like it. If only I,d known all those years ago. Looks for guilty smiley.

Comment

lol Gary I certainly didn't mean someone like you Taking my cars as an example, I've just recently adjusted the mixture on MGT#502 for what I suspect is the first time since it left Cowley, and no other adjustments have ever been necessary, certainly during my 8+ years of ownership. In contrast, MGT#396 ran very poorly when my brother bought it in 2007 and the carb required a full rebuild (and everything re-plumbing correctly) to fix the problem. This was all caused by a p/o 'modding' thiings he didn't understand. In fact nearly all the problems I've ever had on my cars have been caused by bodged repairs or ill-conceived 'mods'
      Regards
      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Well yes the carb once set up properly is fairly reliable compared to other carbs that are out there on other cars.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

i've done a t16 conversion on my car
          i put a couple of pictures up too search my threads

mines still running standard maestro efi box and shafts the cross member cut out is easy and there is about 10 wires to get it running the only mount to mod is the o/s mount you can use the maestro o series mount on the t series engine,just cut a bit of cambelt cover off it works fine and worked fine on the famous 'mental maestro'

it took me 5 days start to finish

Comment

hey thats is so true lol

Comment

Would any body be up for helping me on this if i payed them that is if i get my hand on the right engine lol

Comment

Working...
              X