• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm nice.....what spec is the turbo?

My turbos currently with turbo technics...and is screwed ��
    I've decided on a t34 for your cars old engine ��

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
      That's amazing So generally what can a turbo O-series bottom end handle. I thought is was believed to be 350?
      The crank I beleve is ok for about 500bhp but the rest can't handle that much hence why I have forged rods and Pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave MGT View Post
        Ummm nice.....what spec is the turbo?

My turbos currently with turbo technics...and is screwed ��
        I've decided on a t34 for your cars old engine ��
        I have a T34 hybrid RS turbo with cut back blades on a .48 exhaust housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
          The crank I beleve is ok for about 500bhp but the rest can't handle that much hence why I have forged rods and Pistons.
          Hi Benjamin - yes T16 but the O-series have forged cons/pistons as standard I'm led to believe? Don't want the engine to blow up - just wondering what the limitations are?

cheers

mike...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
            I have a T34 hybrid RS turbo with cut back blades on a .48 exhaust housing.
            60mm compressor wheel? Like a 4x4 cosworth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
              Hi Benjamin - yes T16 but the O-series have forged cons/pistons as standard I'm led to believe? Don't want the engine to blow up - just wondering what the limitations are?

cheers

mike...
              I really don't know what the limitations of the O-series is. Has anybody even tuned the O-series to the point the bottom end gave out? Personally I would be getting forged rods made if going above 350bhp on the O-series. Crank and I wouldn't worry too much about. If I was building the engine myself I would leave the standard Pistons and see what I could get out of them before the broke a ring land or something since it wouldn't destroy the engine. I didn't realise the standard O-series internals were forged but if they are I wouldn't think they would be of the same quality forging you would get from the likes of Pauter and Arrow ect.
              Last edited by Turbo MG; 13th November 2014, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave MGT View Post
                60mm compressor wheel? Like a 4x4 cosworth?
                When I bought it I was told RS Turbo but to me it looks like the cosworth one. I know I should have but I've not really looked that closely at it yet.

Comment

I got the new brain today

Comment

Crank is the same as the T series I believe so is good for about 500bhp
                    Standard pistons I believe tend to give up at about 20psi (ringlands break).
                    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Little more progress with the engine but nothing touched on the car itself lately. Block has been drilled and tapped for a block breather and the crank has been fitted. I'll hopefully get the rods and Pistons fitted tomorrow. Rotating parts have been ballanced. Crankshaft was very out of balance, flywheel was perfect and clutch was very close. I'll modify the sump by welding a fitting onto it for an oil return from the catch can. I have most parts now to get this engine built. I only need new valve springs, cams and to get cutting bits for me to port the head.

Comment

Great!

Keep the pics coming Ben as we love to follow rebuilds!
                        *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                        Follow me at
                        FourNineSix

Comment

Working...
                        X