Montego bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego bushes

Hello, good afternoon from Spain. I need all the bushes for my montego 2.0. do you know if the maestro also serves me?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Juanmacandel; 22nd October 2017, 15:18.

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
    Hello, good afternoon from Spain. I need all the bushes for my montego 2.0. do you know if the maestro also serves me?
    From what I can recall, different models of the Montego 2.0 have different bushes. I know mine were a very odd, non-standard, size, but I sourced them in the end from either powerflex or one of the other brands. You need to measure the bush size (length, width and flange width) to the nearest millimeter and make sure what you are buying fits.
    LPG Converted Montego 2.0gsi 1991 - are there any others?

Comment

Maestro and montego bushes are the same in terms of size etc.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        Maestro and montego bushes are the same in terms of size etc.
        They are not all the same, as there are different variants of Montego bushes, especially lower front suspension arm (front/side bush only) which for some montego 2.0s (especially GTI/GSI) are bigger than the standard size. I know that for a fact because after buying the standard bushes, they would not fit and I had to purchase some bigger ones. It was a real headache.
        LPG Converted Montego 2.0gsi 1991 - are there any others?

Comment

They are all sized the same as far as I know. There are different stiffness of bushes (in the same size) hence different part numbers, but as you are looking at polyurethane bushes these are typically much stiffer than the originals anyway.
          Has anyone else ever seen any of different sizes (excluding the anti-roll bar which do come in different sizes).

Comment

Nope, all same size
            We raced a Montego and hillclimbed a Turbo so have done quite a few bushes over the years.
            If the bushes were different sizes then the suspension bits they fit into would also be different; they aren't, they are all the same part numbers respectively for Efi and Turbo.
            midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

not seen any variations apart from anti roll bar bushes, could the bigger ones have been modifications?

Comment

It seems one of my posts got eaten. I did say straight after my first post - that the outer anti-roll bar links did change the size of threaded rod on them (due to them breaking) - early ones were thinner than the later ones and later ones wouldn't fit the early wishbone unless you drilled it out which is a simple job. I'm wondering if that was the issue as that is the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                  It seems one of my posts got eaten. I did say straight after my first post - that the outer anti-roll bar links did change the size of threaded rod on them (due to them breaking) - early ones were thinner than the later ones and later ones wouldn't fit the early wishbone unless you drilled it out which is a simple job. I'm wondering if that was the issue as that is the only thing I can think of.
                  ahhhh possibly, I hadn't thought of that...but I guess they aren't in the kit anyway..... if they are in, I think I'll buy a set myself......front lower sounds like the rubber bush though....thin anti roll bar links maybe all gone now I guess...I've smashed 3 of the fatter ones lately, without trying too hard

Comment

Working...
                  X