bought some more alloys on ebay for my contryman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought some more alloys on ebay for my contryman

bought some more alloys on ebay (£22.01 for them:laugh: ) for my contryman and i started to refurb them today,it will take me about 2 weeks to do but i dont know if i should hay sprayed silver or white?

Alloys

Igot mine from a scrappy still locked on .had to go 58miles to the factory who made the locks to find a key .And as they were obsolete they gave me a box full .The wheels cost me £25 for the ones of the meastro with good tryes and he gave me another 2 that he had got .Iam keeping mine silver when i paint them
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

alloys

JOE has silver alloys. I'm not sure white would look right somehow

Comment

im thinking on :laugh: gold alloys:laugh: ,i would like the cromed but cost to much

Comment

work around the colour of your car, ie if it was green, go white?

Comment

Originally posted by monty minor
            work around the colour of your car, ie if it was green, go white?
            Does anyone have a spare set of centre caps for this type of wheel by any chance?

Comment

Personal preference but I think black is the best colour for wheels.

Comment

I agree with jack if not silver the only other colour would be black on wheels!

had you asked me in the late sixties I would have said gold as in the lotus but now you ve got to be careful not to be shouted "chav" in the street by hordes of trendy youngsters

Comment

just waiting for father christmas to bring me my tyres and locking bolts and the mgf alloys will be going on jeff.....satin black

Comment

sold 4 of them

sold 4 of them and scraped the rest,i've gone to mgtf alloys now and waiting for a set of 16"mgtf's alloys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Animation41.gif
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	283230
                    my bonnet and bumper im doing for my countryman is looking better than i had on my old red lxi est.

Comment

Who does your spraying
                      Sure & steadfast.
                      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
                      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
                      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by jeffthemaestro
                        just waiting for father christmas to bring me my tyres and locking bolts and the mgf alloys will be going on jeff.....satin black
                        What a great name for a car. Jeff:laugh:
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by TLC
                          Who does your spraying
                          i do,was just testing the paint match to see if it ok....but now there has been a change of plans as the bumper and bonnet will be removed as the car will be up for sale in july when it will moted...
                          it has now has got a very good set of 5 white maestro advantage/mg alloys:laugh: which i got very very cheap £50 +the maestro advantage body:laugh:

Comment

looking for rims

hello to everybody
                            Im looking for rims for my 2td montego
                            from what car can I fit some if I dont find any rover montego rims?
                            probably there are other cars which have the same rims as montego has got
                            any advice is welcomed!!!!!!!

Comment

Maestro/Montego alloy wheels.
                              MGF/TF Alloy wheels.
                              Triumph TR7 Alloy wheels.

There are also the odd set of custom made "Compomotive" alloy wheels about if you can find some.

The MGF/TF wheels when fitted may need a small(2-4mm) spacer fitting to ensure they dont rub on the brake callipers.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X