No announcement yet.

bought some more alloys on ebay for my contryman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14" george foremans or 15" turbo alloys?

i have 6no 14" George Foreman grill MG alloys.... 4no currently on with new tyres..... bought for circa £28

.......But i also bought a set of 4no 15" turbo alloys and fitted new tyres on....but went round a bend and a projecting cats eyes blew my o/s front tyre.....185/55/r15 tyres...never felt brave enough to drive in them again!!:
    bought for £20 from a 15 yr old boy racer ...ebay....he was hooked on driving maestro turbo's but complained that none about to drive

kids of today....
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Alloys

Because LORA (L289 ORA) has a different stud fitting to normal Maestros, I thought I'd have to put up with normal wheels or v. expensive after market ones. Luckily my local Rover breakers (Paul...great man!!) said that Rover600/800 wheels fit and he had a set of 17" for sale. After much juggling with tyre sizes and spacers and as she's lowered 2", I come up with the following...no 'scrubbing' on full lock and she drives beautifully

Fronts 185/45/17" with 5mm spacers
      Rears 205/55/17" with 10mm spacers...just enough to clear the rear leaf springs

Comment

Working...
      X