No announcement yet.

no more tea light headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but will the units you manufacture be illegal? http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Comment

they are standard dip beam manifiers from a toyota with standard hb4 bulbs

Comment

The key words are the first in the paragraph
        In the Department's view
        This is not legally binding, and as far as I am aware no one has yet been sucessfully prosecuted for having correctly adjusted HID retrofit headlights. Indeed I have them fitted to 3 of my vehicles. All pass the MOT just fine.
        The lighting regs don't mention HID and so they are neither legal nor illegal as they are not mentioned in the regulations. Its a grey area so its up to you.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

i dont think there gonna worry about the headlamps when there's a t16 under the bonnet and a honking gurt big chav rear box on the back

Comment

All HID lights are technically illegal, unless fitted with auto head lamp leveling, to ensure the beam is always in the right place, and head lamp wash, to insure the beam pattern is not incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by henocsr
              All HID lights are technically illegal, unless fitted with auto head lamp leveling, to ensure the beam is always in the right place, and head lamp wash, to insure the beam pattern is not incorrect.
              Not true I'm afraid.

Only new OEM fitment lamps must have headlamp leveling and headlamp wash. There are no such rules for aftermarket fitment lamps.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V
                Not true I'm afraid.

Only new OEM fitment lamps must have headlamp leveling and headlamp wash. There are no such rules for aftermarket fitment lamps.
                But it does say that HID should only be fitted using new HID lamp units. these units genarally would be to the same spec as that required by new cars.

Comment

The lighting regs don't say that, they don't mention HID at all.
                  The DTF's opinion is that they should only be fitted to HID designed lamps but that isn't legally binding.

Comment

Working...
                  X