No announcement yet.

Intermittent Rear Wipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The monty saloons never had a rear wipe did they, so I rekon it would be interesting to fit a rear wipe to one of them

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter
      I believe the intermittent facility also has an auto wipe facility when you put the car in reverse too as long as the front wipers are on.
      They didn't! Later model Rover 45's had it though...but it is not too hard to rig it up with a standard relay and a feed to the reverse lamps.

The monty saloons never had a rear wipe did they, so I rekon it would be interesting to fit a rear wipe to one of them.
      Impossible! Unless the rear window was specially produced to have a hole in it to take the wiper off a Montego estate.

The rear wash/wipe control for intermittent is in-unit with the Italmec programmed wash wipe control unit "relay" thingy that MK II Maestro's have and I don't think it would work with MK I wiper stalks.
      Last edited by SimonR; 18th July 2008, 09:13.
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        They didn't! Later model Rover 45's had it though...but it is not too hard to rig it up with a standard relay and a feed to the reverse lamps.
        s.
        I'm fairly sure that my Ledbury had this function, Simon, and didn't some of the late estates also have it...?

Comment

Rover 100's have a seperate relay for front and rear wipers. Maybe worth getting hold of one. Made in Derby as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
            Rover 100's have a seperate relay for front and rear wipers. Maybe worth getting hold of one. Made in Derby as well!
            Seconded...

My 'Tro Sport had this. Wiped 4 times then intermittently at 8 second intervals.

Comment

Working...
            X