Announcement

Collapse

Please read BEFORE posting a for sale or wanted ad

Due to the increase number of for sale and wanted threads appearing, the need for a few 'ground rules' has arisen.
  • Please begin your thread title with either 'FOR SALE' or 'WANTED' to avoid confusion.
  • Please state your location, even if this is available on your profile.
  • When selling, please indicate a price.
  • Where possible, please try to include pictures (this applies mostly to vehicles rather than parts) as it will improve your chances of a sale.
  • Try also posting your advert in the proper Classifieds section on the club website.
  • And finally, please post when your item has sold or you have found what you are looking for so we can close the thread to avoid unnecessary hassle.

Adverts not conforming to this structure may be locked without notice until the necessary changes are implemented to avoid the unnecessary clogging up of the forum with people repeatedly asking the same questions.

Many thanks
See more
See less

Heater Matrix for 1985 Austin Maestro 1275cc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Matrix for 1985 Austin Maestro 1275cc

I need to replace the heater matrix in my Maestro, any suggestion for a supplier please. peter

these ar the only ones I've seen recently. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-RA...IAAOSwgA1bxgbT. I guess they'd take an offer on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Botley Boy View Post
      I need to replace the heater matrix in my Maestro, any suggestion for a supplier please. peter
      What's up with it? Matrix are normally reliable, it's sometimes the joint that rusts away to the coolant pipes through the bulkhead
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible, nearly finished
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Out and being used
      1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash and stored away for now.
      1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash. Work will restart soon
      2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

Hi Jeff, you could be right, we have not removed it yet, we have had water leaking into passenger well. We have bi-passed it to allow us to use car for our local events. But will need sorting. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
          these ar the only ones I've seen recently. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-RA...IAAOSwgA1bxgbT. I guess they'd take an offer on it though.
          Hi, thanks for info, have been in contact awaiting a reply. Regards Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Botley Boy View Post
            Hi Jeff, you could be right, we have not removed it yet, we have had water leaking into passenger well. We have bi-passed it to allow us to use car for our local events. But will need sorting. Peter
            If you remove the passenger footwell dash cover, have a look-see at the pipes running into the side of the heater in the footwell, that's possibly where its leaking at the joint and therefore its the pipes you need to either repair or replace not the matrix. You can remove the pipes without removing the dash. Awkward job but not too bad and better than removing the dash to get the matrix out.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible, nearly finished
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Out and being used
            1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash and stored away for now.
            1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash. Work will restart soon
            2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

Working...
            X