Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush for Anti roll bar (MG Maestro 1600)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Bush for Anti roll bar (MG Maestro 1600)

http://www.maestro.org.uk/pp_class/s...1&cat=5&page=1

Photos attached of the sort of bush that I'm after...
    Attached Files

Comment

Rimmer bros have them. Just type NAM6857POLY into their search bar. £60 each though.

Comment

Good call -thanks, I'd never have found the part number on my own! I see that the MG 'M' Group also do 'em:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/
        Club Shop
        Parts

Comment

I was also looking for this bush. I couldn't find anything, except the VW Golf parts that have been mentioned in another thread which I did not want to use as they don't quite fit (slightly too large). I opted for re-using the outer case, after burning out the old rubber and extensive de-rusting and re-painting. For the internal rubbers, I ordered 2 x SPF3786-10 from superflex.co.uk at £9.78 + VAT each. They are too long for the outer case, so I cut the end off with a hacksaw. The ends I put to another use on the vehicle, so I used the whole bush. I managed to get the new rubbers into the outer case with a vice, and extensive use of red-rubber grease, after filing the ends to give them a slight angle. So far, so good. They seem to be flexible enough to allow the anti-roll bar to work, although the rubbers seem pretty stiff when you put them in. Also a lot of money saved I think.
          LPG Converted Montego 2.0gsi 1991 - are there any others?

Comment

Nice one ...the expensive polybush ones have dried up now I think....I've got a lathe, so making vw ones fit not too hard, but your way looks a whole lot less hassle, thanks for sharing the info, that part number did not seem to come up with anything on superflex web site though.......

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
              ... that part number did not seem to come up with anything on superflex web site though.......
              It's not advertised in the UK. It has to be imported from Australia where they make the stuff. It usually only takes a few days though. Just send a message to the sales team. I found them very helpful. You can also ask them to send you an excel print out of the bushes they do and their dimensions.

Incidentally, I just remembered I did not use a vice for that particular bush. I tried but failed. I had to use a large bolt, washers and large spanners each end to get the bush into the outer casing. That one was stiff and I only did it after bevelling the ends.

Comment

Cheers! that explains that, sounds as if you could make a bush up for virtually anything....

Comment

The bush I got was an off the shelf product which fitted perfectly, apart from being too long. i.e. 32mm outer diameter, 10mm internal diameter. I should imagine that to make a bespoke product would be considerably more expensive.

Comment

on my astra GTE i bought poly anti roll bar bushes [bought a GM bush removal tool but didnt need it on the front ones] from deflex....i tied washing line rope to the anti roll bar then jacked it up...unbolted it...installed said...dropped itdown then cut the rope...i havent done my maestro ones yet
                    The poly bush ones help with braking as well as a more taught ride round corners
                    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Working...
                    X