No announcement yet.

For Montego SLX Turbo Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have got a very good pair here taken off my spare bumper. I'll get a pic up for you tomorrow

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Having stripped some more of the car and found quiet a serious amout of welding needed to both drivers and passengers floor area. Front AND rear Hidden by waxoyl underneath! I guess the last few years have really taken their mark on the car.

I really dont know what to do with her now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen G View Post
          Having stripped some more of the car and found quiet a serious amout of welding needed to both drivers and passengers floor area. Front AND rear Hidden by waxoyl underneath! I guess the last few years have really taken their mark on the car.

Weld it Stephen
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Stephen, how bad is the rust? As I recall, the worst part of the car that needed the most attention was the rear arches and inner liners where they meet as well as back of sills. I mentioned this when I sold the car back in 2007. As for the floor pans they were pretty solid except for a couple of holes about 1" diameter at the outer edge of each front floor pan which I bodged in about 2005! There was also a small hole in front drivers inner wing near the brake pipe bracket as well as the usual door bottoms. It's a shame if you think it's beyond repair as it would be good to see it saved considering the rarity and uniqueness of the car.
            sigpic
            63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
            'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
            '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
            '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
            'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
            '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
            'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

what parts you still looking for??

Hi Steve, are you still looking for parts for the Monty still? If so whats outstanding??

Comment

Hi Stephen how bad she? Is there solid metal to weld too or do you know anyone who can weld for you? I am off next week for 2 weeks i can come have a nose poke for you, i do know someone who is very good at welding. He is up to his eyes but id imagine if it was a in weld out job he might squezze you in. Hope she isnt to far gone for you.
                Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
                Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
                Morris ital 1.7slx 83
                Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

She is pretty bad. Im heading out to take some more pics. Just now.

Got her started back up yesterday. First kick and ran soo sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyrs View Post
                    Hi Steve, are you still looking for parts for the Monty still? If so whats outstanding??
                    Hi Mate, i need a front grill mainly. Rear reflective pannel too.

Comment

Hi Mate, i need a front grill mainly. Rear reflective pannel too.
                      Err, it's gone from quite bad to just needing a grill and reflector!? Steven, does this mean you can save Monty? I hope so! Good luck with it. Glad to hear the engine is still sweet, it was an absolute gem and certainly seemed bullet proof! With the quality of oil I used and ultra frequent changes every 3000 miles, the engine and turbo probably saw little or no wear. With help I'm sure you can sort the body issues, just need a sympathetic welder with generous rates!....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumturbo View Post
                        Err, it's gone from quite bad to just needing a grill and reflector!? Steven, does this mean you can save Monty? I hope so! Good luck with it. Glad to hear the engine is still sweet, it was an absolute gem and certainly seemed bullet proof! With the quality of oil I used and ultra frequent changes every 3000 miles, the engine and turbo probably saw little or no wear. With help I'm sure you can sort the body issues, just need a sympathetic welder with generous rates!....

I have all other major parts here. Just the welding.

Took her along my road and the determination has set in.

She will be back!

Comment

reflective back

She will be back!
                          hi ya mate, you still looking for reflective boot plate?? 07810898622

Comment

if you get this reply can you call me

She will be back!
                            I cant send msgs through to you mate it won't let me send as you have filled up the msg box

Comment

She will be back!

Good to hear Steven. What ever happens, don't scrap it/strip for spares! If anything, if you think there is too much work, try and put it in storage for a rainy day! One thing you must not forget is that the Montegos biggest bugbear was rust. It was common to see 7 year old Montys and Maestros with patches welded on the cills and rear arches needing replacing so I thing Loh deserves a bit of a break here at the ripe old age of 23! Even in the timescale since I sold Loh, many a new Monty would have met their maker due to rust! Be prepared to weld as part of maintenance!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X