No announcement yet.

2x Montegos £100 each, save from scrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By all means, if you want me to have a look and post more detailed pics then I'll do it. I could literally walk there and back in 10-15 mins. At a time that is ok with 2montegos of course.

Comment

countrydude - I am afraid I am very busy at the moment. However, given you are so close, you are more than welcome to view the cars yourself

Comment

ah ok, are the doors open so i can poke about?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          I think it's excellent that you as a solicitor thought to consult this group before having the cars scrapped, they may be beyond saving but it's so refreshing to think that there are people in positions like yours that consider this country's motoring heritage. How many classics have gone to scrap yard's because solicitors have just thought there's some knackered car sitting in the garden or garage
          Spot on! 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
            Unfortunately both are locked and there are no keys

Comment

Take a few old keys with you, normally does the trick to open a door
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

The grey one doesn't look too bad other than knackered wheel arches and doors but I guess it's all going to depend on the sills, floor and seam joins etc.

The white car is from my neck of the woods going by the RT, but the rear quarter looks quite worrying.

It's times like these that I wish I had lots of space and a car trailer to hand.
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Yep, thought so. RT is an Ipswich registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                    Take a few old keys with you, normally does the trick to open a door
                    I have loads of old keys! I'll have a nosey on monday.

Comment

I've just noticed the car lurking under the tree in the very top picture. I wonder what that is?

Comment

Take a coathanger.

Comment

I have loads of old keys! I'll have a nosey on monday.
                          Okay, great, thank you very much.

The car hiding under the tree is a 1957 Standard 10. I put it up on the Standard forum a couple of weeks ago, but have had zero interest so far.
                          Here are some pictures:

From the DVLA it looks like it's been parked under that tree since 1987!

Thanks for your kind comments about me putting the cars up instead of just cubing them. I am a huge Volvo 340 enthusiast myself, and I know I would be very upset if I knew of any interesting 340s which were cubed without being offered up to the enthusiasts first. Here are my cars:

Comment

The Standard looks great but probably pretty rotten. Sad that you've had no interest. Would have thought that would have been snapped up, if only for parts.

I also like the Volvo 340. There's still a couple locally that I see fairly regularly. One is a saloon too.

By chance, did you have any more pictures of the Monties? I'm wondering whether to pay a visit at the weekend.

Comment

Those Volvo's are stunningly mint, now a rare sight indeed. I wouldn't mind betting that when that Standard 10 was parked up the tree was no more than a twiglet!

The gardener of one of my customers had till just over a year ago an F reg 240 that failed an MOT. I believe a trader bought it as the fail wasn't anything major.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                                Take a coathanger.
                                And a big screwdriver 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X