WANTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED

I'm after a new front grill or an absolute mint one for my 83 maestro, please let me know

I've got a VP one if thats any good? Depends if you want to keep the car to spec.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Hi Pete, it's for my 83 y reg MG1600, is the vdp badge removable?

Comment

Badge area is different on MG's as it has the octagon badge. VP just has the ordinary rectangular BL flash badge. So in that respect, not swappable. Sorry!
        Membership Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
          Badge area is different on MG's as it has the octagon badge. VP just has the ordinary rectangular BL flash badge. So in that respect, not swappable. Sorry!
          Are the early ones not a separate part? MG plinth should fit over the rectangular part where VP badge goes iirc, but VP will have a chrome top bar if it is the one I'm thinking of. The Efi type grilles definately had thē MG plinth moulded in, so were different..I've got to venture into the loft later, so will check this..(assuming I can find the grilles ha ha ha!)

Comment

Thank you doctor. I'm sure the early badges were all removable and the MG badge was the biggest so cover any other badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Are the early ones not a separate part? MG plinth should fit over the rectangular part where VP badge goes iirc, but VP will have a chrome top bar if it is the one I'm thinking of. The Efi type grilles definately had thē MG plinth moulded in, so were different..I've got to venture into the loft later, so will check this..(assuming I can find the grilles ha ha ha!)
              Difficult to tell from the EPC except that the MG's all have different part numbers. Whether that is because they are body coloured and/or have the octagon moulded in for the badge is unclear.
              Membership Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post

Difficult to tell from the EPC except that the MG's all have different part numbers. Whether that is because they are body coloured and/or have the octagon moulded in for the badge is unclear.
                The different numbers are for the MG Efi, the silver one at the top of the page is the 1600 MG (and all of the 'ordinary' cars/vans) one, the chrome one is Vanden Plas etc, the notes on the epc aren't particularly clear, but all of the body colour grilles are MG Efi, which does have the octagon moulded into it. The 1984 microfiche saved me having to check an actual grille as it only lists the 1600 parts, so there is no room for confusion!

Comment

I've discovered that later efi grills has 4 slats/bars and the badge moulded into the grill, but the MG sign is flat and can be removed leaving the badge housing so to speak compared to the whole badge being removable on early maestros.
                  not sure when this happened.

But just to state, its the early REMOVABLE multi slat/bar badge type I'm after.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
                    I've discovered that later efi grills has 4 slats/bars and the badge moulded into the grill, but the MG sign is flat and can be removed leaving the badge housing so to speak compared to the whole badge being removable on early maestros.
                    not sure when this happened.

But just to state, its the early REMOVABLE multi slat/bar badge type I'm after.
                    The change was with Efi..the MG Efi grille is different, but the later 'ordinary' car and van ones are all the same as the earlier grille as fitted to MG 1600.

Comment

Working...
                    X