Ledbury Maestro Fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ledbury Maestro Fuel pump

- fuel pump wanted. Maestro 1.3 Not long passed MOT etc. Found the fuel pump leaking badly today, unsafe to drive. Can't identify the part no yet, but doesn't match anything shown in the Haynes manual. Now have it off the car. It looks as if it can be taken apart, however the manual states it can't. Any suggestions? It's my only everyday car.

Originally posted by V Newman View Post
    - fuel pump wanted. Maestro 1.3 Not long passed MOT etc. Found the fuel pump leaking badly today, unsafe to drive. Can't identify the part no yet, but doesn't match anything shown in the Haynes manual. Now have it off the car. It looks as if it can be taken apart, however the manual states it can't. Any suggestions? It's my only everyday car.
    There are plenty on eBay, try this one
    Attached Files
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Some of them were crimped together & can't be dismantled, if it looks like the one in Jeff's link then it can be dismantled. If the leak is around the area with the 5 screws in it could be the screws loose, if it is coming out of the small hole near the bottom of the casting then the diaphragm has split. The diaphragms are available for some of the 5 screw pumps, but if it is the diaphragm probably easier to get a new pump, then dismantle the old one at leisure.

Comment

Thanks everybody. Have taken it apart, diaphragm very dirty but not split. Metal of mating surfaces corroded. May all clean up and seal again. Will get back later when had a go at this. It appears to be the model with 2 domes on top which was fitted to the 1.3 van engine, as shown on chapter12..38 of the Haynes manual. Will also try to source a new one from Scotts or e-bay. The problem has always been that the car is not an exact model so can't find spares easily. At least we've now found some part nos.

Comment

Originally posted by V Newman View Post
          Thanks everybody. Have taken it apart, diaphragm very dirty but not split. Metal of mating surfaces corroded. May all clean up and seal again. Will get back later when had a go at this. It appears to be the model with 2 domes on top which was fitted to the 1.3 van engine, as shown on chapter12..38 of the Haynes manual. Will also try to source a new one from Scotts or e-bay. The problem has always been that the car is not an exact model so can't find spares easily. At least we've now found some part nos.
          Doesn't sound too bad then The Rover parts list (which predates your car a bit, but should still be right) just has two numbers on it for the 1300, AZX 1812, replaced by AZX 1820, so car & van should be interchangeable..interestingly the picture on parts list shows a crimped together pump, but this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176272966934 nos one on ebay is screwed together. Seems like a reasonable price too, may even be the same as your original one?

Comment

Hi. Mr. Newman here. Our pump with the two domes has a spacer as per the van model.
            Various numbers on it. BZX 1093; BZX 1063;BZX 1102; ZX 1820 02 T; AUB5030
            Body is not crimped. Has 6 screws, thus it came apart. I've cleaned and polished the lower mating surface, which wasn't too bad. I was able to clean most of the diaphragm in situ. A good rub with Waxoyl improved it's condition. However the top section of the pump was quite corroded. It has 12 holes. Only 6 are threaded. No idea why they put the redundant holes. Where each smooth hole was, the surface was bowed away from the diaphragm. Whether this came from the factory like it or corrosion or heat has caused it I know not. I rubbed it on various abrasive papers until it was more or less flat. Reassembled and all is well. No more leak.(at the moment!)
            Vicky -Many thanks for all your help and advice. Will still try to source a possible new one just in case. At least I can use the car now.

Comment

Working...
            X