Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 Duo-Tone Montego 1.6L.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1990 Duo-Tone Montego 1.6L.

    Very tidy but wheelarches need attention.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-Rover-Mon...item2c57f920cb

  • #2
    Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
    Very tidy but wheelarches need attention.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-Rover-Mon...item2c57f920cb
    I like that and doesn't need a lot from the looks of it. Would need re-commisioning I would expect though.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      Aye, but it's a very fair price. Fair play to the guy for offering it at the price he was offered by the scrap man to ensure it lives to see another day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Does anyone recognise the sticker in the rear window? Or just me?

        "Maestro Owners Club (Incorporating the Montego Owners Register)"

        Comment


        • #5
          Considering when he bought it (2001), quite possibly it was the current owner who fitted it. I can't remember when the club officially changed its name.
          Regards
          John Orrell

          MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

          Comment


          • #6
            Bought by Richard from Sleaford who also has gothbobs old white MG Montego
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7
              looks ok engine looks clean enough but the arches need work...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by steve smith View Post
                looks ok engine looks clean enough but the arches need work...
                Hate to disappoint but hes going to strip it for parts Steve. Shame as it's roadworthy really but it's not my car, though I will be seeing it tuesday when i put a new headgasket on his EFi
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh, shame its being stripped!! I was hoping it would go back on the road

                  Yes, it was me that fitted the sticker.... in fact, I was the one that pushed Jonathan into catering for Montego's when he started the Maestro Owners club.

                  Its the same car thats in the group photo on this websites main page.
                  Neil
                  90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                  94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                  01 MG ZS 180
                  97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                  16' BMW 330d M Sport
                  14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                  57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by monty_estates View Post
                    Oh, shame its being stripped!! I was hoping it would go back on the road

                    Yes, it was me that fitted the sticker.... in fact, I was the one that pushed Jonathan into catering for Montego's when he started the Maestro Owners club.

                    Its the same car thats in the group photo on this websites main page.
                    It's only being mildly stripped Neil. All parts will be swopped with the existing parts on his Efi, or so I was told, then the car will be re-sold. He doesn't need that much off it so it will mostly be intact.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X