Watch out for this one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for this one!!

Some dishonest people out there. Seems hardly worth the effort for £650 the mileage wouldn't make that much difference to the price?http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...acx/1059353437

Mileage would only affect it if he was asking top money for it,at 650 cant see it making a difference.

Comment

Possibly Andy or Sean or the last owner posted that up
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

This car seems to change hands very frequently for some odd reason.

Comment

A friend of mine was the previous owner, so most likely him that posted.

Comment

This was Sam's old car, I had written to him not that long ago asking if he still had the car but he had already sold it.

Can't fathom at all why the next owner would want to mess about with the mileage on a car like this and expect to gain anything from doing it.

Did'nt look a bad car this not that long ago and would have liked a Flame Red facelift model and have a few pics of this car when it was at shows.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
              This was Sam's old car, I had written to him not that long ago asking if he still had the car but he had already sold it.

Can't fathom at all why the next owner would want to mess about with the mileage on a car like this and expect to gain anything from doing it.

Did'nt look a bad car this not that long ago and would have liked a Flame Red facelift model and have a few pics of this car when it was at shows.
              It was at the Brit-Cars forum last event in I think 2010 or 2011. There are photos of it parked next to mine when Andy (the other Andy that is) had it. Not a bad car then for it's age IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                It was at the Brit-Cars forum last event in I think 2010 or 2011. There are photos of it parked next to mine when Andy (the other Andy that is) had it. Not a bad car then for it's age IIRC.
                Yes have got a couple or so pics of this and your car together. This car also won an award or two aswell did'nt it? I think the car developed a few issues though but I'm sure they could be sorted out but not as good as it was though.

Comment

may be the guy just made typing error on advert? has anyone actually rang him to check mileage ?
                  at £650 i cant' see anyone messing with mileage pointless
                  plus new MOT's now show last 4 mileages like mine below

MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

Do you realise you have just posted all your vehicles details for the world to see

Comment

I highly doubt the guy has made a typing error after typing in '58 Thousand miles' and then specifically putting 58,525 miles in a different place aswell. But I have not called about the car although I'm tempted to just to see what he says.

Comment

Ive rang but got no answer

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
                          Ive rang but got no answer
                          Well keep trying mate as would like to know aswell. Despite the mileage discrepancy I wonder if this car could still have some potential to it and be worth putting a bit of effort into it to make it back to a high standard as it was not all that long ago. Remember all my cars had to go through some work or other to make them to the standard they are now.
                          I'm sort of tempted myself but wish I had bought the car when Sam had it but missed it as I think it's another car that has now fallen into the wrong hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            Do you realise you have just posted all your vehicles details for the world to see
                            Nothing that can't be found easily elsewhere or just by looking at the car!

Comment

Add not there any more i wonder why? Last i saw car advertised owner was honest enough to say what the car needed i e some welding but not a lot. Seems a bit of a waste to wind the milage back for no real reason.
                              Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
                              Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
                              Morris ital 1.7slx 83
                              Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

Working...
                              X