Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGTurbo#261 View Post
    Hopefully we will get the ZS squeezed on one of the stands
    There will be plenty of room and an area for Zeds.

Comment

Can we have some pics

Comment

My Pics here:

http://www.zscentral.com/phpbb/viewt...hp?f=60&t=6351
        My name is Darren.
        Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
        1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
        1995 Rover 214SI
        2004 MG ZS 120
        2006 LandRover 90 TD5
        2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Sadly A8 never made it,as i had put it off due to all the rain,(car was cleaned,and i didnt want it dirty! )so decided to go it alone,in just the countryman... And it stayed dry,and warmish all day.typical!!

Nice to put a few more names to faces,etc,and a big thumbs up to biglad/wayne and his girlfriend/wife for the diesel filters!! Bargain!!

Also andy (maestego,although he dont get on here apparently) for me trying a newely bought dump valve on his turbo! cheers mate!!

Here's a few pics....
          1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
          1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
          1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen G View Post
            Can we have some pics
            Certainly.

A few more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpsellars/ (but not many - sorry!)

A really good day. Is it only me that's beginning to notice the absence (relative to other cars) of MG Maestros and Montegos at these shows now? Just contrasting with my pictures from MGM '98-'02, where you couldn't move for the things.
            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Beat me to it there,johnathan mate...

Some bald headed guy spoiling the shot here....

Chris's/dad ever immaculate maestro...

1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
              1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
              1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Brilliant Pics! Looks like yous all had a good day! im 100% Coming next year

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                  Is it only me that's beginning to notice the absence (relative to other cars) of MG Maestros and Montegos at these shows now? Just contrasting with my pictures from MGM '98-'02, where you couldn't move for the things.
                  There's a lot of once-regular cars which I suspect are still around which just don't turn up any more. But the weather wasn't forecast to be great and, purely imo, the venues have got worse since moving from Stanford Hall, both of which possibly puts-off once-regular attendees.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Good to see the day went well. The weather forecast was very poor on saturday night so that put me off coming down from Leeds. Ah well next year!

Ray
                    MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                    Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                    MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Great pics.Gald the weather wasnt to bad.

I will be back.!! next year maybe in a countryman
                      Sure & steadfast.
                      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
                      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
                      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Good day ,I feel sorry for the people that organised it as I feel they were let down badly by the Shakerstone Railway in regards to poor preparation of the field and lack of catering at the station which was a long walk and I believe was spposed to be linked to the field by heratige bus.
                        I made the hike for lunch and after paying a pound for a platform ticket was told in the buffet that only kit kats and cake were available as they were too busy
                        Normally on a visit to a herritage railway i'll have a good look about and normaly buy a book or model from the shop, but after my greeting in the buffet I left empty handed and demanded my pound back!
                        Shame about the above as the people who organsed it on the car side did an excellent job

Comment

Great photos there. How good does John's EFi look in that moody photo. Excellent!
                          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                            There's a lot of once-regular cars which I suspect are still around which just don't turn up any more. But the weather wasn't forecast to be great and, purely imo, the venues have got worse since moving from Stanford Hall, both of which possibly puts-off once-regular attendees.
                            Well it was good to see a strong showing from the Orrels. Three cars and lots of people.

On the subject of missing once-regular cars, I think it is more likely that they fall into four categories:
                            1. only go out in the dry as they are now second or even third cars
                            2. dismantled and being restored
                            3. passed on to non-enthusiast owners
                            4. actually no longer with us, as they looked good in a picture taken in 2001 but were riddled with hidden corrosion

I doubt there are many of people sat at home, car on the drive, with a flyer saying "I am not going to that venue". Stanford Hall was better and last year's Lamport Hall was equally good but people moaned about the price as those venues insist on individual entry rather than a cost per car.

I am not involved in the organising of the event any more but as an aside, I had an amusing conversation with someone at the event where we predicted the usual moans:
                            • No burger van
                            • Grass too long
                            • not enough MG 'M' Group cars
                            • etc.

As these things are largely out of the control of the organisers, I think we should recognise this and join Russ in aplauding those that give up considerable amounts of time for putting on an enjoyable and unique day.

Comment

I dont go for other reasons, which is sad as i always used to enjoy an MGM Day when it was an event for MGM cars and the few Rover's and newer MG's that used to join in. Now, its the other way around just to keep the event alive and it doesnt appeal to me on that basis any more. Gone are the days you would see over 50 Maestro Turbo's in one place and some really well presented motors.

I still remember my first MGM Day in 1999 when i went there in my 1.3 Maestro, i was in awe at the condition of the cars and enthusiasm of the owners.

I dont know if the internet has spoiled this, i would have thought it would increase the audience and improve numbers but its not happened that way.

There are still enough cars around so to say they are all rotten or crashed and that of the reasons isn't a valid one for me, but might be an excuse for others.

I was quite happy at a Citroen Show yesterday, on well prepped ground, with a burger van, and good facilities for the kids, only a fiver to get in! Maybe an unfair comparison because they are a much bigger club, but in the past the organisers got it right....and i would like to see those days again, even if the numbers are split 50/50, but i am afraid the MGM group will be hearing the same old thing = Too many Zed's, not enough 'M's.. I'm sorry if this upsets the organisers who i know will spend alot of their own time on setting the event up, but it doesnt do it (for me) any more.

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work from the MGM group. I and my son had a very good day as it happens. Disappoint aspect of ONLY 2 MG Montego's there though and one of those was Patricks, they were swamped by MG Maestro's.
                                Didn't rain a lot and we had a lovely egg/bacon sarny at the station. Saw the diesel train pull off, had a long look at the blue and red steam train and museum. Shame the gift shop wasn't open though.
                                Good to see some old friends and new faces. My son thinks I have a fan club as I talk to sooooo many people I even managed to get the 'winning' white MG Montego owner to possibly go to my local MGCC event in August as he lives not too far from me.
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                                X