MG Saloon Day 8 July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumturbo View Post
    Was looking forward to this but not sure I'll be going now. The weather so far would put years on a ghost and I've been waying up the distance to the venue - for me 340 mile round trip. It all hinges on the weather though, but the forecast ( if you can believe it) suggests rain on and off. I'll keep my eye on it and try to remain hopeful. If it does rain I'll probably stay at home and watch the motogp, F1 and Murray in the Wimbeldon final Not taken Jum to any venues this year - pity cos it's taxed Mot'd, insured and ready for action! What's the next biggy event?
    BL Day, Peterborough, 5th August
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
      BL Day, Peterborough, 5th August
      Won't be there, working
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

MG Saloon Day 8/7/12 is still on.

It rained for 5 mins during the 3 hours that we setup this afternoon.

Patrick

Comment

I've made my mind up I've missed the last 2 years so despite the weather I'm going just don't think the car will be very clean when I get there!

Comment

Originally posted by mgt16 View Post
            I've made my mind up I've missed the last 2 years so despite the weather I'm going just don't think the car will be very clean when I get there!
            Neither will mine, but who cares
            you'll still have a good chin wag

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
              Neither will mine, but who cares
              +1

Sent from the museum of BL tat using Tapatalk

Comment

Please take lots of photos chaps. This will be the first MGSD I've not personally attended since 1999 when the MGM Group celebrated the 10th anniversary of the MG Maestro Turbo. I've not always brought a car, but I've always been there. I remember MGM99 very well, not least for a plucky school-kid called Jon Sellars, who on that scorching-hot summers day was sat behind a portable folding table trying to get people to join his newly-formed Maestro Owners Club. Happy days.
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Does anyone know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, the way its been going, it could be a bit of a wash out?
                  Unfortunately that is why I have decided to stay at home this year.

Comment

Well, it wasn't a wash out.
                    Good to see some old faces again. Only one Montego turned up (MGT16) and a few MG Maestro's, (Turbo's and EFi's) quite a few Metro's, some Rover Coupes, MG Magnets, MG6's, Rover BRM's and lots of Z's. About 76-80 cars turned up in all.
                    Poor turnout really for Maestro's and especially Montego's, still can't be helped and hopefully better weather next year.

Comment

Bitta rain never hurt noone!

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                        Bitta rain never hurt noone!
                        No but walking round a muddy field looking at cars in the heaving rain isn't many people's idea of fun, and unfortunately the weather forecasters all but predicted the second Great Flood. Even MFEST was canceled because of it, and quite probably it could have gone ahead.
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                          No but walking round a muddy field looking at cars in the heaving rain isn't many people's idea of fun, and unfortunately the weather forecasters all but predicted the second Great Flood. Even MFEST was canceled because of it, and quite probably it could have gone ahead.
                          Agreed with this, John. The annual Historic Vehicle Gathering at Powderham Castle, near Exeter, held over this weekend also had to be cancelled as the parkland resembled Glastonbury festival by Friday evening. I went down there on Friday night and it was so sad to think that nearly a year's worth of planning involving a lot of people was down the drain. Still, let us hope that next year is a lot better for all of these shows.

Anyone wanting to attend the Modern Classics display for individual entries of interest built between 1981 and 1995, the date will be 13th and 14th July.

Comment

mgm 2012

Nice to see those who turned up,put a few faces to names ,good natter with everybody,weather poor really, but hey-ho,stayed overnight locally,glad i did had a good day all-in-all ,glad i made the effort,nd
                            Attached Files
                            Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Such ashame that the weather was **** for it this year, last years was scorching and a great day out. I would have braved the weather, but could not attend due to already going to another "event" on saturday night (not car based lol) and also my Ambo is laid up until i have the money to get it sorted

Comment

Shame there have been so few photographs...was the weather really so bad? For once it was actually nice here on Sunday, and the weather is usually better as you head south.
                                Regards
                                John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Working...
                                X