MG Saloon Day 2013 - Sunday 7th July 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    I'm hoping to be going but it'll be in my ZS180 as none of my Montego's will be on the road
    There is a monogram parking area, which you will directed towards.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by mgmti View Post
      There is a monogram parking area, which you will directed towards.

Patrick
      Cheers Patrick.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Duxford saloon day

I will be going so that's 1 for Monty's, any metro's and maestro's?!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty&Mgf View Post
          I will be going so that's 1 for Monty's, any metro's and maestro's?!
          We already have some MG Metros prepaid.

Patrick

Comment

I plan to be there in the MG Montego providing the weather is dry unlike last year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
              I plan to be there in the MG Montego providing the weather is dry unlike last year.
              Can't see the point of not using the car if it rains. I know many who won't go out in the rain but cars are waterproof and you miss the event.
              The is much to do and see in Duxford
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd June 2013, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                Can't see the point of not using the car if it rains. I know many who won't go out in the rain but cars are warterproof and you miss the event.
                The is much to do and see in Duxford
                I agree in principal but there has been so much work done to the underside of the car & all that would be messed up on a wet road. Problem with this country we are all governed by the weather & it ruins events etc. I like to display the car in the best way possible & a wet road just ruins the whole scenario & winds me up as all the work to makeit good is wasted. We also must remember as much as we love our Motego's, Maestro's et they arn't too fond of water!
                I missed Saloon Day last year sadly for the same reason
                As it is I got it back from the restorers on the day of the MG's In The Park Event & there were a few issues which meant I had to take it back to the restorers later in the week.
                Typical bloody weather it hammered down on the way there so as the trip was technically so far is I was concerned i told them when I got there they would have to thoroughly clean the underside of the car before handing it back to me. I've just got to wait for them to finish a few bits & then arange to go back & collect on a dry day lol.

Comment

If that's your view of classic car ownership, then I can't help but feel you've ruined it for yourself. Cars need to be used and enjoyed and you shouldn't be scared to use them in bad weather.

It's a shame you've spent all that time and effort restoring a driver's car (there's no doubt it will be stunning) for it not to get driven.

Comment

I agree in principal but there has been so much work done to the underside of the car & all that would be messed up on a wet road. Problem with this country we are all governed by the weather & it ruins events etc. I like to display the car in the best way possible & a wet road just ruins the whole scenario & winds me up as all the work to makeit good is wasted. We also must remember as much as we love our Motego's, Maestro's et they arn't too fond of water!
                    I missed Saloon Day last year sadly for the same reason
                    As it is I got it back from the restorers on the day of the MG's In The Park Event & there were a few issues which meant I had to take it back to the restorers later in the week.
                    Typical bloody weather it hammered down on the way there so as the trip was technically so far is I was concerned i told them when I got there they would have to thoroughly clean the underside of the car before handing it back to me. I've just got to wait for them to finish a few bits & then arange to go back & collect on a dry day lol.
                    What happens if its going to be cloudy with possibly one light shower, Will you still not go?

Comment

If i adhered to the above with regards to weather it would give me very little reason to own a classic, with us having what seems like 2 weeks of reasonable weather in every year in the UK.

Comment

mg saloon day

totally agree with [Austin rover & Oli ],spent a fortune on my turbo 12 months ago, and like most people on here ,would think it must be used, doused on vast amounts of wax-oil of course, plus top quality chamois, or there is little if any point owning one that only comes out in perfect conditions,after all this is the british isles,
                        Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

We can now confirm that the new MG3 will be at MG Saloon Day on Sunday.

Come and see it close up.

Patrick

Comment

Currently it is still at the bodyshop, should have been back at least a week ago. I will not be happy if I can't collect this week.
                            If that happens I will have to bring the ZR-Express.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmti View Post
                              We can now confirm that the new MG3 will be at MG Saloon Day on Sunday.

Come and see it close up.

Patrick
                              Haven't had a proper look at it yet so will have a gander on sunday

Comment

Currently it is still at the bodyshop, should have been back at least a week ago. I will not be happy if I can't collect this week.
                                If that happens I will have to bring the ZR-Express.
                                See you in the ZR from the sound of it then

Comment

Working...
                                X