Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    See you in the ZR from the sound of it then
    My mate is coming in his Monogram Orange Grove ZR160 & his mate/guy I know is coming in a beautifly looked after Green ZS & a friend/customer of mine in his MG6 Magnette - hopefully all together!

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
      My mate is coming in his Monogram Orange Grove ZR160 & his mate/guy I know is coming in a beautifly looked after Green ZS & a friend/customer of mine in his MG6 Magnette - hopefully all together!
      Great! though they will likely be parked in their respecting areas.
      Please aim to get there after 9am, preferably nearer 10am. (We know that the gates to the venue don't officially open until 10am, but we will get them opened sometime after 9am) We are expecting a long MG and Rover queue, but will be cleared quickly. Remember cash on the gate on the day.

Children under 16 are free.

Taking pics together at the end of the day is allowed.

Patrick

Comment

If all things go to plan i will now be going in the monty.is anybody going from the reading area

Comment

I went to this show at Duxford, it was a great place with lots to see and do. I took the wab-ertron along. Is it usual at these things for there to be only 5 maestros?

I must admit, i thought there would be more...
          Attached Files

Comment

WAB looking good as ever. I had been wondering why I had seen so few photos of the event.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

We had 6 MM's on the club stand (and 1 meter away the Maestro LC10 prototype) & 3 more Maestros in the general parking area at the BMC/Leyland day, Gaydon

Comment

That was the problem 2 events in one day.

However you cast your minds back to when Saloon Day was at the Shackerton Railway I believe back in 2008 & there were rows of Maestros & many MG versions, all owned by enthusiasts, surey they havn't all disapeared - where are they all? & Montegos!

Comment

events

I think for next year both clubs should try to organise separate days, so members of both can attend both if they want.
                  Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                    I think for next year both clubs should try to organise separate days, so members of both can attend both if they want.
                    Good idea, not sure why that wasn't the case this year. Given BL Day is soon the Gaydon event would be better in either June or late May.

Comment

MG Saloon Day has been on the first weekend Sunday of July for the last 20 years. The date only changes if MG Live is too near that date.

Gaydon's event turned from being a Mini only event from last year.

Pictures from MG Saloon Day are up on www.mgmgroup.org.uk

Comment

I remember a certain air of discontent among one or two people in 2010/11 (when MGSD was in Stafford) who suggested that the show was moving too far north, and was maybe too far away from enthusiasts in the south who would otherwise attend. It was possibly a fair call, and I fully support MGM's attempt to move the show around to give everyone a fair crack at the whip. Shame that having done that, from Patrick's photos it seems this year's MGSD attracted less M/M/Ms than any time I ever remember in fourteen years. What did they do wrong?
                        Last edited by G51 NAV; 14th July 2013, 22:20. Reason: my typos are as bad as ever...I only spot them later.
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I don't think anything was wrong. The Gaydon event didn't help but there just seems less MMM cars attending recently. The Metro boys used to turn up in droves uness they went to Gaydon.

Perhaps some feared the £15 entrance fee per person as places like Shackerton Railway were £8 per car!

Comment

True. £30 for the average of two adults in a car is not a cheap day out (even though that price also paid for you to see all the attractions).
                            Regards
                            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

We didn't go as too far to travel, and the cost also didn't help.
                              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Far less owners prepared to take their cars out to shows too. We went a cracking event at the weekend (mid lincs rover rally) and guess how many maestros and montegos were there?

None.

There were 30+ SD1's, Probably 50 P6's (maybe more), 20 or so ZT's, half a dozen BRM's, and a dozen or so 200/400 R8's, and many many other cars there. The lincs MG club stand must have had 50+ cars on it alone.
                                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
                                X