SUNDAY 7th JULY - BMC and Leyland Show - Gaydon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNDAY 7th JULY - BMC and Leyland Show - Gaydon

After a number of requests from members We've managed to secure a 'club' presence at the BMC and Leyland Show which is being put on at the Heritage Motor Centre (Address: Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ) on the 7th July

see more details on their website:

http://www.bmcandleylandshow.co.uk/

If you want to attend do the following:

1. phone the museum up and pre-book yourself into the event (around £8.00 per car) - dont worry about stating to them that you want to be on the M&MOC stand that will only confuse things at this stage.

2. if you want to be on the club stand highlight that intention by reply to this thread, confirming that you have booked in with the museum.

3. I will collate a total number of atendees 1 week prior to the event and advise the organiser how big to make the stand.

4. turn up to the event and park in the club stand.

As an interesting side note they are displaying some of the cars in their reserve collection that are not usually on display - inclding an LC10 (Maestro) prototype they have. it might even find its way on to our stand - but no promises on that.

I have 6 cars allocated from the committee to make initial numbers up, then any additions will be accomodated.

I'm thinking this will be the makings of an excellent yearly event, and rightly needs our support.

non-club members can attend on the club stand but you'll have to pay temporary club membership costs of £1 for the day - to comply with our insurance.

SO.... as above - please discuss below, but also I need to know whos booked in that wants to be on the club stand, otherwise it just wont be big enough!

Thanks for reading

Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

I'm in
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Sounds like it'll be a good show from what I've heard elsewhere. Any opportunity to see some of the heritage collection that's not normally on display is not to be sniffed at.

Comment

I'm in (Maestro 1.6SL)
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Sure this is the same day as Saloon Day so not very good timing on someones part!

Comment

I'll be there and the Cowley Convoy are organising the Convoy from MINI Plant Oxford for anyone coming from the Cowley direction. The convoy is free to join, but there will be run plaques and flags sold at cost price (but you're welcome to use your own flags). You will be able to look round the Plant's Centenary Exhibition before we leave if you would like to. We're aiming for 100 vehicles which we hope to do as we made 92 to PoL but we'll have MINIs with us too this time. More details will be available in a couple of weeks on the Gaydon website.

Not sure if I'm bringing the Maestro or Montego (I don't mind and if I can find a driver I'll bring both). I can either park with you guys or if there's not room, with the Cowley Convoy which will have it's own allocated area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post

Not sure if I'm bringing the Maestro or Montego (I don't mind and if I can find a driver I'll bring both). I can either park with you guys or if there's not room, with the Cowley Convoy which will have it's own allocated area.
                you're more than welcome on the stand Tanya, you just need to let me know how many cars you want to bring so I can get the stand made bigger to accomodate all the cars.

just let us know what you decide and I can sort it...

Andy
                CURRENT FLEET:

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                  Sure this is the same day as Saloon Day so not very good timing on someones part!
                  I suppose they could have organised it any weekend and someone would have found a clash...

We thought our membership as a whole would be more attracted to a BL / BMC type day than an MG focused one, hence throwing the clubs weight behind the Gaydon Event rather than Saloon Day.
                  CURRENT FLEET:

Comment

I'll definitely come & say hello. We'll be travelling home from the Mostly Jazz, Funk & Soul Festival in Moseley and since there is no camping at that fest, I'll be in my other car...
                    K687PDL Maestro 700 Camper Van. 'Winnie', short for Winnebago and M791BMR Rover Metro 1.1 Rio Grande 'Poppet'. The White Fleet.

Comment

bmc show

just seems a shame having to choose one or the other ,I personally would like to attend both.
                      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                        just seems a shame having to choose one or the other ,I personally would like to attend both.
                        It is, but with only 52 weekends in the year, most of which are covered in snow (up here at least ), it's difficult to please everyone!

Comment

Spousal consent has been obtained and I have spoken to Gaydon and booked in so I will be there with Mavis - looking forward to it!!
                          1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                          1989 BMW 316i
                          2013 BMW 320d Touring
                          2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Super! Look forward to meeting you Andy, and seeing the Mayfair again!
                            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

And the exhibit booking deadline was... today! Damn.
                              Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                              2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Working...
                              X