SUNDAY 7th JULY - BMC and Leyland Show - Gaydon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    And the exhibit booking deadline was... today! Damn.
    You will be fine just call them. I did and he said to mail the form they weren't that bothered about today being the deadline.
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
      Super! Look forward to meeting you Andy, and seeing the Mayfair again!
      Likewise Sam. Trying to convince my brother to bring his j plate cooper but I suspect he will be traveling in style a la Mayfair!!!
      1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
      1989 BMW 316i
      2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
        just seems a shame having to choose one or the other ,I personally would like to attend both.
        Me too, had intended doing Saloon Day missed that last year because of weather. This year it is closer too but not sure where to go to be honest. I want to go where tere will be the biggest turn out of MMM's which historically was Saloon Day though numbers have fallen off significantly over the last 5 years ish.

Comment

Cowley Convoy

If any of you are either in the Oxford area or passing by on the way to the show, please do join us.

We are leaving the Plant at 9.30am, taking the back roads to Gaydon, via Kidlington, Deddington and Banbury. However, people can come to the Plant from 8.00am when MINI Plant Oxford will very kindly open their Centenary Exhibition for those on the convoy to look round. We are asking everyone to be with us by 9.15am at the latest, so that we can leave promptly at 9.30am.

The convoy is free to join (you do need to pay to get into the show when you reach Gaydon), although we do have a limited number run plaques at £5 and car flags for £8 (both sold at cost price) should you wish to buy them.

Those who join us on the convoy will get a reduction on their ticket to the show and will be able to get into the show for £8 per person instead of £12 and children between 5 to 16, for £5 instead on £8. Although it is free to come on the convoy, people do need people to register in advance so that we can manage numbers.

Stuart Watson, will be filming the convoy. Here's his film of our last convoy to PoL
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZOMnTzqunM

There is no deadline for registering to come along, although the sooner you do it the easier it is for us. Ideally, we would like everyone to register by the evening before.

Please register using this link - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/join-an-e...voy/4564571391

Comment

Tickets obtained

And without wishing to speak too soon, looks like a relatively settled couple of weeks coming up weather wise...
            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Well and trully missed the deadline for Gaydon...looks like I'm off to MGSD instead

Comment

Any ideas on final numbers and the prototype? Hopefully it's going to be a good turnout
                1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                1989 BMW 316i
                2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

UPDATE:

I've conformed with the organiser today that we'll need space for 8 cars on our stand.

those are:

Sam Skelton
                  Richard Gelder
                  Simon Heap
                  Oli South
                  Wayne Bates
                  Jonathan
                  Tanya
                  Seacow

I hope I've understood that right - the only one I wasn't sure on was Tanya. I know you're going Tanya but i wasn't sure which stand you'd want to be on - if possible we'd really like it if you were on ours... Place is there if you will.

I've sealed the deal on these 8 places this morning - so that's the limit now.

I'm going to PM some additional info to these people now.

I'd like to publicly thank the 8 people above for showing their support at this event.

I nearly forgot - the Maestro Prototype will be on display and will be sat next to our stand! so thats a big result.

Some clubs bring you MG3's this club goes all the way and gets you an LC10.... I joke MGSD organisers

Regards

Andy
                  CURRENT FLEET:
                  1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                  1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                  1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                  2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                  1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

I haven't booked with Gaydon as I missed the deadline....do you think I can still creep in?

Wayne

EDIT: Just spoken to Gaydon, I should be able to get on to the club stand by turning up on the day

Happy bunny now!
                    Last edited by F825 UBD; 4th July 2013, 11:23. Reason: More info

Comment

Wayne you have PM.

Comment

Would have liked to attended this but have tried to be loyal to Saloon Day for nearly 10 years now, just a shame both are the same day.

Comment

Yes, I'm going and bringing Milly. I meant to post earlier, but I've had a week from hell.

I'm setting the Cowley Convoy off at 9.30am and while they'll go the country route, I'll whizz down the M40, so hopefully be with you around 10.30am.

See you tomorrow

Comment

There was an excellent turnout of Maestros and Montegos at this new show. We had six cars on our Club stand, with three other Maestros in the general parking area. Our stand was next to a selection of the museum's prototype cars that were wheeled out specially for the show. The organisers placed the LC10 Maestro prototype so it bordered our stand and we were able to park Tanya's very early Maestro next to it.

The show covered nearly every car you would have expected to see at a BL show, but some numbered very low figures and not many Clubs exhibited. There were hundreds of Minis in attendance (which reflects that in previous years this was a Mini-only show and has branched out to a generic BMC/BL show for 2013) and some of them were even worth looking at. Some nice, standard examples turned up which was welcome relief after rows of dubious 'Cooper' replicas of varying quality.

Overall, a very successful show which has the potential to get better with each year. The facilities offered by the museum itself (decent catering, clean toilets and shelter from the sun) makes it a pretty family friendly show too.
                            Attached Files

Comment

great to see our cars out in force, I'd think this'll be a show that'll probably grow and grow....
                              CURRENT FLEET:
                              1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                              1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                              1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                              2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                              1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this show, will be there again next year for sure!

Amazing to get the LC10 more or less on our stand! - i'd never seen it before, has it been on display in the museum before??

I'll try and post some pictures later.

Comment

Working...
                                X