Montego Value Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ta stephen car needs gd clean as can be seen which will obviousley be done.Tyres are flat as she has been sitting but wheels have been refirbed .Two new front tyres on her.Hence they need to re sealed to stop leaks.
      Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
      Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
      Morris ital 1.7slx 83
      Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

Meant to say in earlier postings but my car doesnt have power steering.NEVER has had it fitted then removed.So basically she tends to sort the men out from the boys when driving esp cornering at speed or parkingIt appears that she is one of the very early Mgs right at the start of production..I may put the car in the general for sale section later on in the week and in one or two other forums.See if anyine could be interested otherwise will just hold on to her.
        Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
        Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
        Morris ital 1.7slx 83
        Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

I had an MG Montego EFi exactly the same as that in the 1980's. Same colour and with the talking dash. Very good car at the time. When the sun is shinning on the dash you can't see any of the read outs. Told my eldest at the time it does well over 100 mph. All you do is change it to kph and it goes faster
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th September 2008, 15:31.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Sounds the same.However a work collegue was driving us back from Newcastle when we were working there 5 years ago.The speedo transponder was replaced by the previouse owner as the otiginal broke.The only ones he could get that fitted was from a Rover 800.the speedo works fine,however sometimes about 65 70 it flicks back a mile or 2 in hte reading ie if u were doing 70mph and didnt move u r foot the speedo would suddenly show 69 or 68 or something.I fu then looked down and saw u were going slower u woild obviousely speed up.Thus u could end up going a lot faster than u indented.Long story short i was reading at the time and happend to glance up and noiticed we were going a tad fast and the scenery was passing quite fast .The speedo was rteading 58/60 mph .Eg Tam says i what speed we doing sixty came the u stuip or something response.Ok says i lift ur foot eh??? says he LIFT THE FOOT.Why the f ooooooohhhh says he .Will not say any moire xceot she was still pulling and haeading rapidly for the horizon.Still got does me Mg
            Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
            Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
            Morris ital 1.7slx 83
            Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

The later transducers and rover ones seem to have a slightly smaller shaft,mine went like that until I put a bit of tape round the shaft

Comment

£3000???????

In the classified section!!

Surely not,thats a mistake,please? too many 0000's:laugh:

No offence,it is a extremely rare car,but not a turbo,and needs £thousand spent now to restrore to concours condition,even then i feel it would struggle to fetch £3k ,not even maestro's will fetch that at the moment!!

Someone give me £6k for mine,and you've got a bargain!!:laugh:

I ,again,wish you very,very,good luck,my friend! If it fetched a 1/3 of that price,i would be chuffed!
                1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
                1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
                1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

too restore to concourse she needs a repaint.I know she not a turbo but as u said she is very rare,Yes i di put in 300o but the work so far is very nearly half that so far.Not including what i have done ot her before that.That isnt what i should have been charged for the work,just what i was quoted and the chap that did the work stuck to it.If there is another Montego identical to her then fair enough.As far as i know there isnt.If there is then if i get a an offrr then i may or may notaccept.I am not giving her away just because she needs a respray.The reason i put the pricew like that is so she will go to an enthuasit owner rather than just someone who will run her into the ground.If she doesnt sell then i will keep her.Tis as simple as that
                  Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
                  Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
                  Morris ital 1.7slx 83
                  Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

You will never get that amount on money for this car.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                    X