Maestro/Montego Graveyard found E.Yorks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iam suprised the local pikies aint stole the lot for scrap
    With this in mind we should approach the owner and offer our assistance?
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
      Yummy.

I want the MG Maestro.
      WOW oli....u had me goin their with your avtar profile pic....thought it was an intimate model pose
      rotffmao
      0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Just a thought...but perhaps the owner doesn't want all us lot snooping around and mithering him about his cars which have obviously been there for a very long time. I'm sure if he would have wanted to get rid of them (and as he looks to be an enthusiast) he would have found us and offered them to us by now.

There are plenty of cars around to raid for parts. These lot look to be a little far gone for restoration. I imagine a lot of interiors to be ruined by damp by now. Other cars out there also don't need strimmers and other garden tools to get to them.

Just enjoy the pictures for what they are...a lot of old cars slowly returning to nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
          Just a thought...but perhaps the owner doesn't want all us lot snooping around and mithering him about his cars which have obviously been there for a very long time. I'm sure if he would have wanted to get rid of them (and as he looks to be an enthusiast) he would have found us and offered them to us by now.

There are plenty of cars around to raid for parts. These lot look to be a little far gone for restoration. I imagine a lot of interiors to be ruined by damp by now. Other cars out there also don't need strimmers and other garden tools to get to them.

Just enjoy the pictures for what they are...a lot of old cars slowly returning to nature.
          yeh but its such ashame because there are some real rare gems in there!

Comment

That oporto VDP looks scarily like mine! Some serious spares to yeild there - one wonders how saveable they were ( or maybe still are!) when they were driven in there

Comment

- one wonders how saveable they were ( or maybe still are!) when they were driven in there
              I now have in my posession a NOS maestro shell which was stored out side for too long.

It is recoverable though, so I bet some of these are worth restoring.

mal.

Comment

I love finds like this, especially if they end up being saved. Now that would be a story for Monstro!

I'm intrigued by the gold Monty lurking behind that bush! Please be an HL/HLS!

I've restored much worse than those cars in those conditions. Theres nothing that I can see that couldn't be restored if you were keen enough.
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  I'm intrigued by the gold Monty lurking behind that bush! Please be an HL/HLS!
                  What bush

Id love to get my hands on one of them, VP, GTI etc and have a nice resto project to do over a few years and get it the way i want it

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                    I now have in my posession a NOS maestro shell which was stored out side for too long.

It is recoverable though, so I bet some of these are worth restoring.

mal.
                    I wondered if you had managed to buy it.
                    It wasn't from the same source was it?

A good find and sounds like a good candidate to have it dipped, stripped and then galvanised. Would then make a very good restoration project which should last and last.

Comment

Just to update you all, not been able to trace the owner this weekend. Infact no one around at all this time. I agree perhaps the owner won't want us all poking around and yes maybe he won't want to part with anything but there is no harm in asking which is what I will do just as soon as I can track him down.

Nice find with the new bodyshell Mal, look forward to seeing it sometime. Sorry couldn't make it this weekend mate , will call you later in the week to see what your up to over the next couple of weekends....

Cheers
                      Carl

Comment

will call you later in the week to see what your up to over the next couple of weekends....
                        Hmmm lets see (flips pages in imaginary diary)

Barn, barn.....barn.........oh yeah, and barn LOL

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmti View Post

Patrick
                          Note the CAC number.

There must be some very rare examples there. The Maestro with the MG spoiler looks in a pretty good state!

Wonder why they have just been left there.One of the cars is almost totally covered in brambles.

Comment

Update (dont get excited)

Just to update you all, I was not able to speak to the owner of these cars directly and could only leave my number which I was assured would be passed on. I asked that he contact me, even if he did not want to sell any of the cars but to date I have not had a call from anyone.

I am up that direction this Friday and will make another visit to see if I can push the issue a little but I was told (hope he does not read these posts) that he is an elderly gentleman, paying storage for the cars to be kept there, somewhat excentric (sorry if you do read these posts) and not wanting to sell as convinced that they will be worth a fortune in years to come.

If this visit does not come to anything, I think best to leave it alone for a bit rather than make a "pest" of myself.

I know a number of you (read surely all of you) would love to save these cars where possible and if I can do anything to achieve this I will.

All the best
                            Carl

Comment

Well done ,carl,top marks!

Theres nowt wrong with being a pest,just dont over kill the situation,so to speak.

But as to rare= yes,worth a fortune=sadly not!! (and if he is old,how much longer does he has to keep them,to think,they are worth a great deal)

Sorry if you are reading this,but you know what i mean....
                              1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
                              1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
                              1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo299 View Post
                                Just to update you all, I was not able to speak to the owner of these cars directly and could only leave my number which I was assured would be passed on. I asked that he contact me, even if he did not want to sell any of the cars but to date I have not had a call from anyone.

I am up that direction this Friday and will make another visit to see if I can push the issue a little but I was told (hope he does not read these posts) that he is an elderly gentleman, paying storage for the cars to be kept there, somewhat excentric (sorry if you do read these posts) and not wanting to sell as convinced that they will be worth a fortune in years to come.
                                lol i hope that one day MM cars are worth a fortune but they certainly wont be if they are left outside rotting and unused

Comment

Working...
                                X