1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

oi,

Cheers jeff!!
      1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
      1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
      1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

He's gotta be eccentric - paying 'storage fees' for them in an overgrown field!
        Wonder how much he's paying, cos he's wasting his money. Wonder if he has them insured! They need moving to 'dry' premises and cleaning up to preserve.
        Then they might be worth a bob or two in years to come.

With the good old changeable English weather they're gonna rot quicker than you can say Jack Robinson - it's hard enough to look after these cars standing outside on a tarmac drive... imagine a couple or three years down the line in those overgrown conditions... eventual value? Nothing. He'll have to pay to have 'em removed. Daft. Someone should convince him we have the interests of these vehicles at heart.

Comment

I'm Hoping Carl can convince the Gentleman to come along and visit the barn.

That way he can see how his cars should be stored, and that members of the various forums/clubs for these cars are serious about preserving them.

And helping in preserving his, if he will allow us to take a few on.

Mal.

Comment

any news on these yet woudl be good if any have been saved....

Comment

I'd be very interested in that L reg GTI if he ever decided to sell them

Comment

Anyone know of this one?

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                It's an EFi - AFAIK all EFi cars had leather as standard.
                .....but not the estate

Originally posted by malpas820@hotmail.co View Post
                Y

Ill stick my neck out ,and say that GTi is two tone,and thats rare??
                Afaik two tone was a GTI feature (as it was on Si) therefore a non two tone will be rarer(like the YEP Rover photo car )
                Last edited by tali; 17th December 2009, 22:01.
                Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

Dont think ive ever seen that one, the alloys are nice!

Comment

That Black Saloon is owned by someone near me iirc. Hes on Triple-m

Comment

Originally posted by tali View Post
                      .....but not the estate
                      Something I've been trying to find a reason for for years!
                      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                        Something I've been trying to find a reason for for years!
                        This is Austin Rover we're talking about. They didn't know the reasons themselves.
                        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial View Post
                          This is Austin Rover we're talking about. They didn't know the reasons themselves.
                          Can't recall any other car make/model where the seat trim is different for the estate version (although in Rover GTI - 416 got full leather , whilst 216 didn't.)
                          Estate gained Self levelling Suspension -over saloon - so maybe a trade off?
                          Or (just a theory)perhaps purists at Rover were unhappy at first (and only estate )to wear VDP title that as a comprimise leather was not offered to keep them happy ?
                          Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

Originally posted by tali View Post
                            Can't recall any other car make/model where the seat trim is different for the estate version (although in Rover GTI - 416 got full leather , whilst 216 didn't.)
                            Estate gained Self levelling Suspension -over saloon - so maybe a trade off?
                            Or (just a theory)perhaps purists at Rover were unhappy at first (and only estate )to wear VDP title that as a comprimise leather was not offered to keep them happy ?
                            I believe on the Rover variants of the GTi they wanted the 400 to be a more up market car than the 200. On the later 400 from 1994 onwards the saloon had better spec than the 400 hatchback!

Comment

Saloon have always had better spec than the hatch. Right way through to the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X