This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple from me,

spotted this 1.3 clubman in Pooley Green area of Egham.
    J752 KLT

spotted this Maestro Special in Brooklands Museum car park (mercedes benz world in the background)
    G986 KTF

Comment

• No pic as I literally saw it out of the corner of my eye pulling away from traffic lights, whipped round but no time for a pic. Black MG Maestro EFi, D plate.
      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
        Spotted today: Stone Grey Rover Montego 1.6L estate, looked very tidy apart from a cracked bumper. Seen in a carpark just off Carlisle Street East in Sheffield. I did get a very very poor photo, and left a club flyer.
        Just spoken to the owner - I left my details with a colleague of his. He's had it a few weeks, is the second owner, and it's done just under 23000 miles! He should be joining here when his internet gets reconnected, should be joining the club, and hopes to get to some events.
        Sam Skelton

PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Spotted near Leatherhead today a G plate White Maestro, not sure which model, might have been a Special or something as i saw stickers but was going in other direction pretty fast, looked like a minter though!

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickIngham View Post
            Spotted near Leatherhead today a G plate White Maestro, not sure which model, might have been a Special or something as i saw stickers but was going in other direction pretty fast, looked like a minter though!
            could have been the one in my photo!

Comment

• D reg Maestro City X
              South East London

Comment

• Originally posted by CPL593H View Post
                could have been the one in my photo!
                Yes! i think that was the one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                  No pic as I literally saw it out of the corner of my eye pulling away from traffic lights, whipped round but no time for a pic. Black MG Maestro EFi, D plate.
                  That's mine, lol. My peugeot 205 (daily driver) had a Cambelt failure last monday and now the MG, has been moved up the list to pole position car. I've not done more than 10 miles in the last 5 years and now it's done almost 500 in first week. just goes to show it runs as good as it did before being mothballed. I must admit i do get a lot of double takes, even with it's poorly rear corners. I bet there aren't many about now and very few with still have an original Motorola car phone still installed and in working order.

I was speaking to Chris this evening about his Countryman (last years best of show thingy) seen on an earlier post and he is keen to meet up with a few locals. any takers in the sheffield / south yorkshire area?
                  Last edited by wadsley; 4th June 2012, 22:18. Reason: grammar error

Comment

• I'd be up for that! You were at the Upwell Street/Carlisle Street/Holywell Road junction when I saw you, coming from Meadowhall toward Firth Park.
                    I did wonder if it was yours, wasn't in the Monty at the time or I'd have flashed.

You have a carphone in it? If you ever want to get rid of that I want first refusal...
                    Sam Skelton

Comment

• Spotted on the A49 between Ross on Wye and Hereford this morning was a pretty rough looking Red Maestro Clubman D (M*** LVJ). Did try taking a photo but failed miserable. From what i could see,the door bottoms,rear valance,rear arches and below the rear windscreen were made of filler

Comment

• Spotted black MG Maestro EFi D695 OOB i believe?
                        In Sheffield Ecclesall Road, 09/06/12 around 7pm

Comment

• I think that's Wadsley, saw him myself the other week.
                          Sam Skelton

Comment

• Originally posted by Oli View Post
                            Spotted black MG Maestro EFi D695 OOB i believe?
                            In Sheffield Ecclesall Road, 09/06/12 around 7pm
                            Yes, thats me. Doing around 500 miles a week as peugeot still off the road. going to need a new engine for 205 as cam belt went and cheaper to do the whole thing. Looking forward to local meet soon.

Comment

• Do you live in my stomping grounds then, or are you from where you are called?! Seen a black EFi not long since, eff' knows where, presume it must be you as the only other black EFi I know of is rotting in someone's garden whilst he waits for someone to put a thousand quid in his pocket for it!

Comment

• Spotted in action on the A512 between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Loughborough last night, a green Maestro van, reg C****AY and signwritten in the name of 'John Stocks, Builder'
                                1983 (Y) MG 1600
                                1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                                1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                                1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                                1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                                1990 Clubman D
                                1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
                                X