Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching television at my mum's wednesday night and she had Lovejoy on the Yesterday channel on.
    Lovely MG Montego EFi for sale on a dealers lot for over £3k
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Watching a couple of old re-runs of Keeping Up Appearances on freeview this week spotted a green MG metro on one episode parked opposite Mrs Buckets house , then on the next episode next day a base model beige maestro in the same spot .

Comment

• Parked on a driveway in Maldon, Essex yesterday: a dark blue Maestro Clubman. Good condition, too
        1983 (Y) MG 1600
        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
        1990 Clubman D
        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

• Blue Montego Estate L...GUD southbound on the M11 yesterday just passed junction 9

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	288086
            Spotted a year ago In Tenerife. I know its late but just found pic on phone. Car has been there for many years. Always make a point of checking its still there. Cant believe the rust on it. Faded dashboards yeah but rust!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	288087
              Again a wee bit late but just found it on my phone. Saw it beside the bus station Tenerife. I've saw it over the years in different places around the Costa Adeje area so still in use

Comment

• Wonder if it's the same one pictured by Piggy Bank

http://maestro.org.uk/forums/album.p...pictureid=2260

Comment

• Looks the same But it cant be lol! would have had to got a boat to mainland spain or Gibralter. I was there 2 years ago but never saw it. Was hunting for Maestros and Montegos lol!

Comment

• Montego Spotted In Surrey.

Spotted early evening today around 6.30pm on the A3 just past the M25 junction towards Weybridge.
                    Just saw it through the central reservation, was a Grey saloon. Looked very smart from what I could see. H...JWG.

Comment

• Only Grey Montego saloon I have spotted in Surrey in recent years is 2.0 SLX with the registration H168 TWG, I've seen it a few times on the Motorway and it's in pretty good shape. There are a couple of pictures of this car on Flickr.

Comment

• That could well have been it then Matt as I did have to turn my head around to look & try to remember the registration. Could not see the model specifics though.

Comment

• I only found out the specifics Andy after finding the pics on Flickr. I remember first seeing it on the M23 one morning in 2008 and as it overtook me I thought to myself then I had'nt seen one of them in ages!!! I have seen it a few times since and it's good to know that the car is still going strong today. I suspect there is'nt too many SLX spec cars left neither!

Comment

• Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
                            I have seen it a few times since and it's good to know that the car is still going strong today. I suspect there is'nt too many SLX spec cars left neither!
                            There arn't many of any spec left. I can't believe it is a press release now when we see a Maestro or Montego on the road given how common they once were sadly

Comment

• Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                              There arn't many of any spec left. I can't believe it is a press release now when we see a Maestro or Montego on the road given how common they once were sadly
                              Yes is a shame indeed but it's the same for any other similar car of the same era aswell from Ford, Vauxhall and the like - I could'nt tell you when I last saw a Cavalier, or even a Pug 405 come to think of it. Sierra very few and far between now but still most likely to be spotted over the others. Most people did'nt see these cars as future classics and as we all know most were just used and abused until they all ended up being just a cheap motor before being scrapped.

Comment

• Erm Express Valeter
                                Can you not put your spots in the Maestro/Montego spotting thread as that's what it's for?

Comment

Working...
                                X