This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
    Judging by the fact both were in one place, you drove right past my front door!

Using the Stag daily at the moment as the SAAB's broken and I don't want to use the Montego in inclement weather
    Yes I did drive past your front door , in fact being high up in a truck I could see you eating breakfast at your kitchen table lol joking apart , loved the stag always wanted one but have settled for a yank V8 but still may have one in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro dave View Post
      Yes I did drive past your front door , in fact being high up in a truck I could see you eating breakfast at your kitchen table lol joking apart , loved the stag always wanted one but have settled for a yank V8 but still may have one in the future.
      Not on Thursday morning, I was somewhat delicate after a Christmas party and had all the curtains closed

Thanks for the nice words about the Stag. Wish I didn't have to daily it tbh but there's too much to do on the SAAB to risk it atm. Perfect daily hack...
      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gothbiker18 View Post
        Spotted B reg Maestro on A249, sittingbourne bound, Oporto Red? This was 10.30am.
        Mine's Champagne Beige, but it's a B reg and I was in Rochester with it last night. Small world!
        1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

• did anybody spot the yellow maestro van granvil was driving on open more hours on bbci tonight sunday18 jan 2014 at 7.30.is it owned by anybody on here

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Really tidy red Montego estate spotted about an hour ago at the Progress Road junction in Southend, it came up from Eastwood area and turned off towards Rayleigh/Basildon/London. Reg was something like H639 KWC. It was dirty but looked perfect under the dirt, right down to the original wheeltrims. Unfortunately I was in my Austin Somerset, rather than my Maestro. Middle aged chap driving.

Comment

• spotted today on the other end of my road I could not belive!!! a green montego H reg saloon 1.6lx look in real good nick!!
                1993 rover montego countryman TD

Comment

• Not quite the real thing, but I had an email today from a fleabay trader I bought something from, who advised me that they had not had a collection today so goods won't be despatched until Monday, only to see that their email signature gif was a red Maestro City towing their company name into view!
                  Membership Secretary
                  Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                  2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                  1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

• Not a Maestro or Montego, but...
                    Heading back home from Kent in the Maestro, I'd not long joined the M2 and was coming up to the Faversham junction, when I saw what I thought was a Montego in the distance!
                    Obviously I put my foot down to catch up with the car, which turned out to be a very tidy, gold, B reg Rover 213!
                    As I passed the Rover I bipped my horn and waved at the driver, who gave me a wave back, although he was an older chap, so I'm not sure if he was an enthusiast or a long term owner. It was in fantastic condition though, no rust at all that I could see.

Comment

• Montego in Lincolnshire

Was any one going to a classic car run the other week (26/4) in a red Montego around Coningsby? Looked a really lovely car! Only caught a glimpse, but I don't get to see many Montys around where I live so it was a lovely sight!

Comment

• Originally posted by L469GEP View Post
                        Was any one going to a classic car run the other week (26/4) in a red Montego around Coningsby? Looked a really lovely car! Only caught a glimpse, but I don't get to see many Montys around where I live so it was a lovely sight!
                        That would be Mal and Janes car. VP Montego.
                        Part of the Boston Classic Car club
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Hi All

I saw this today at Chipping Show near Preston, does it belong to anyone here? it looked very solid.

David
                          My Car Story

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20252

Comment

• Spotted yesterday at Carrington Steam Fair near Boston, Malc Webbs vp Montego , had a nice chat with him.

Comment

• Today at rimmers
                              Bev's chip fat diesel. Costs nothing to run
                              Attached Files
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Parked near Leics/Notts border this afternoon: Zircon blue MG Maestro 1600.

Looking good, but the owner really should upgrade to a Disklok.....
                                1983 (Y) MG 1600
                                1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                                1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                                1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                                1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                                1990 Clubman D
                                1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
                                X