Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heater matrix pipes group buy for maestro and montego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I think the gasket was changed to O rings either to give a more effective seal, or cynically, because the latter were cheaper!
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

    Comment


    • #32
      Not sure if I've miss the boat on the pipes. But I'll add my name anyways ?
      Just the one for me if I could

      1. mgt16 x1
      2. tony x1
      3. Mike Brock x1
      4. Ed x3
      5. Lee x2
      6. Ian Drew x1
      7. Simon x1
      8. Ian (Carfix) x1
      9. Steve x1
      10. Richard H x1
      11. Dave pomme-maestro x1
      12. Fergus (Fug) x 1
      13. Dave MGT x1

      Comment


      • #33
        No, I've not set up the group buy yet as I've not yet fully tested the first ones to make sure they are suitable. I'll try to give plenty of notice when the group buy is taking place.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

        Comment


        • #34
          Any news on how the pipes fit yet.

          Comment


          • #35
            Right, yes sorry for the delays, I seem to have had one lurgi after another recently.

            I test fitted them to a spare heater motor box I had last weekend.

            There were a couple of minor issues which I've flagged back to the maker and he has taken those on board for the manufacture of the next units. (I wanted to make sure that they weren't a show stopper before I posted up on here).



            This was the biggest issue - the support bracket wasn't quite in the right place or shape so he'll amend this for future ones. (I'll slot out the hole on mine to make it fit).



            I'll need to confirm the price (it is on my e-mail on the other computer). But otherwise its all systems go.

            The guy will provide the pipes, the O rings and the 3 bolts used to mount it and post it out to UK addresses.

            Make sure when fitting that you scrape out the remains of the old pipe ends that are usually stuck into the matrix flange so that the pipes fit properly. Also I suggest the application of a little silicone sealant around the O rings to make sure you get a good seal (belt and braces!).
            Last edited by E_T_V; 16th February 2015, 10:11.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

            Comment


            • #36
              Superb work there Dan! Can't wait.

              I wonder if this chap would also be interested in remaking fuel filler pipes? I'm sure there'd be a good response for those too.
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

              Comment


              • #37
                If I'm not too late.....

                1. mgt16 x1
                2. tony x1
                3. Mike Brock x1
                4. Ed x3
                5. Lee x2
                6. Ian Drew x1
                7. Simon x1
                8. Ian (Carfix) x1
                9. Steve x1
                10. Richard H x1
                11. Dave pomme-maestro x1
                12. Fergus (Fug) x 1
                13. Dave MGT x1
                14. Neil (Monty_Estates) x1
                Neil
                90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                01 MG ZS 180
                97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                16' BMW 330d M Sport
                14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                Comment


                • #38
                  OK, time to confirm everything and start taking payments.

                  Price is £50 plus £6post to uk addresses (if any non-uk then let me know).
                  Those ordering 2 sets only need pay one lot of postage.
                  This will include the appropriate O rings and mounting bolts.
                  (I also personally suggest applying a little silicone sealant around the O rings to make sure everything seals first time - it isn't a job to repeat in a hurry!).

                  I'll PM people on the list payment details tomorrow. Bank transfer is preferable and I'll send across the account details in the PM.

                  I am merely acting as a facilitator in this purchase (I'm not making a penny on it sadly!).

                  My access to update the list with who has paid will be sporadic for the next couple of weeks so please don't worry if you don't hear anything for a couple of weeks - I've not run off with your money. Once I return I'll let the group buy run for another week to collect any remaining payments.

                  Group buy closes on 22nd March.
                  (Manufacture should take approx. 4 weeks)

                  If new people are interested then feel free to add your name to the list and drop me a line to get the payment details.

                  Thanks all for your interest and patience so far!

                  1. mgt16 x1 - PAID
                  2. tony x1 - PAID
                  3. Mike Brock x1 - PAID
                  4. Ed x3 - PAID
                  5. Lee x2
                  6. Ian Drew x1 - PAID
                  7. Simon x1 - PAID
                  8. Ian (Carfix) x1 - PAID
                  9. MGSteve x1 - PAID and collected a development set
                  10. Richard H x1 - PAID
                  11. Dave pomme-maestro x1
                  12. Fergus (Fug) x 1 - PAID
                  13. Dave MGT x1
                  14. Neil (Monty_Estates) x1 - PAID
                  15. Charliecosworth x1 - PAID
                  16. Sussex_pete x1 - PAID
                  Last edited by E_T_V; 22nd March 2015, 21:57.
                  www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                  www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                  www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    add me charliecosworth x1 Dan PM me your bank details for transfer.
                    MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Great news Dan.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Everyone on the list should have a PM in their inbox with the account details on.

                        Any issues then let me know.
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Original list updated
                          http://maestro.org.uk/forums/showpos...9&postcount=38
                          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            replyed dan
                            Tony Hague



                            A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Hi Dan, Having just extricated the heater out of my car, I now find that I could do with a set of pipes. Put myself at number 16. Can you PM me the payment details?

                              1. mgt16 x1
                              2. tony x1
                              3. Mike Brock x1
                              4. Ed x3
                              5. Lee x2
                              6. Ian Drew x1 - PAID
                              7. Simon x1
                              8. Ian (Carfix) x1
                              9. Steve x1
                              10. Richard H x1
                              11. Dave pomme-maestro x1
                              12. Fergus (Fug) x 1 - PAID
                              13. Dave MGT x1
                              14. Neil (Monty_Estates) x1
                              15. Charliecosworth x1 - PAID
                              16. Sussex_pete
                              Last edited by Sussex Pete; 8th March 2015, 17:23. Reason: list
                              Club Secretary
                              Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)


                              1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                              2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
                              1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car


                              You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                                1. mgt16 x1 - PAID
                                2. tony x1 - PAID
                                3. Mike Brock x1 - PAID
                                4. Ed x3 - PAID
                                5. Lee x2
                                6. Ian Drew x1 - PAID
                                7. Simon x1 - PAID
                                8. Ian (Carfix) x1 - PAID
                                9. MGSteve x1 - PAID and collected a development set
                                10. Richard H x1 - PAID
                                11. Dave pomme-maestro x1
                                12. Fergus (Fug) x 1 - PAID
                                13. Dave MGT x1
                                14. Neil (Monty_Estates) x1 - PAID
                                15. Charliecosworth x1 - PAID
                                16. Sussex_pete x1 - PAID
                                List updated in the original post and quoted above for reference.
                                (Just got back from 2 weeks of holidays).

                                Come on folks get those orders in. 10 sets already ordered/paid for
                                Last edited by E_T_V; 22nd March 2015, 21:57.
                                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X