Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heater matrix pipes group buy for maestro and montego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    hello, don't suppose you have any of these left?

    Comment


    • #77
      No, they were made to order I'm afraid. I ran a group buy to get sensible numbers for production.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

      Comment


      • #78
        Got mine on Saturday as well, really pleased.
        Might I suggest fuel filler pipes next?

        Comment


        • #79
          Mine have also arrived. They look fab. Thanks for sorting this Dan.

          I will also be up for fuel filler pipes and anti-roll bar links if a group buy is arranged for those.
          Attached Files
          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

          Comment


          • #80
            Mine arrived while I was away on a break. Physically got my hands on them yesterday and unwrapped them today. Looking very good, so thanks Dan/David for your efforts. Just got to get and fit them now!
            Club Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)


            1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car


            You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

            Comment


            • #81
              Typical - just the thing I need and I'm a year too late. Is there any likelihood of these being made again? I wouldn't mind organising it myself if necessary.

              Comment


              • #82
                I can pass you the guys details to see if he will make them 1 by 1 for you. I'll have a look tonight for his details.

                Just for others info he already has a filler pipe that he is in the progress of copying. I'm not sure what the progress is of late. He also attempted some ARB links but we ran into some issues with those so we've had to have a bit of a re-think. I'll have another look at what I can do on this front too.

                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                Comment


                • #83
                  He also made me the Power Steering cooler pipe for behind and under the front of the car. Not tried it yet though as children keep getting in the way of my car restoration....
                  Ian Drew
                  MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                  MG ZT V8
                  Rover 75 V6 Estate

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Thanks ETV - in looking for this posting I think I found a parallel posting on this topic on the Rovertech forum. Was the supplier "David-Ti" over there?

                    Anyone else - would anyone here be interested in a set of pipes if another batch could be arranged?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Yes it was David from Rovertech who made them. He is currently making me a filler pipe too hopefully!
                      If you want to arrange another group buy then please feel free. I was the post box for the last lot but if someone else wants to take on the role then I'll not get upset! (So long as it doesn't stop him doing my filler pipes!)
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Oops double post. Someone delete me please
                        Last edited by E_T_V; 24th July 2016, 22:03. Reason: Can't seem to delete my own posts anymore.
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Thanks ETV. I am off on holiday for two weeks at the end of this week so I will wait until I get back before trying to organise anything.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Dan did you get some power steering cooler pipes made up?, i remember some thing while back there was talk about it
                            MG Maestro turbo 437
                            367 Bhp

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I didn't, but Ian Drew above did and the pics look good. (I've had some made up previously by a different place and also made my own for project cars).
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                OK, I am now back from la belle France. I have posted an enquiry for David on Rovertech about the possibility of having a fresh batch of Montego matrix pipes made. Hopefully the response will be positive. The pipes on my two Montego estates started dribbling within a couple of weeks of each other. One has been fixed with a 2nd hand replacement from a neighbour's garage and the other has been bodged by plumbing out the matrix so that's a batch of two sets already. Anyone else think they might be interested?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X