Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlining Recomendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Headlining Recomendations

    I want to get the headlining done on my car, ive not got the time nor would I trust myself not to ruin it, removing it is fine, but does anyone know anywhere in the Midlands who would do the job? Or does anyone have a good one they would sell? Or does anyone fancy doing the job for me?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
    I want to get the headlining done on my car, ive not got the time nor would I trust myself not to ruin it, removing it is fine, but does anyone know anywhere in the Midlands who would do the job? Or does anyone have a good one they would sell? Or does anyone fancy doing the job for me?
    Any good trimmers should be able do it mike
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi
      Im just doing mine now, so ill let you know how it turns out, if its good, ill do it for you lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by greg4pies View Post
        Hi
        Im just doing mine now, so ill let you know how it turns out, if its good, ill do it for you lol
        There's a guide in the 'how to' if you need it
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
          There's a guide in the 'how to' if you need it
          And very good it is too! Had no problems in doing mine, using Jeffs instructions, coupled with a Practical Classics article where the pics were a big help. Only caveat I would raise is that you need to do the job somewhere warm and windless and protect the floor all round the job area, cos overspray from the glue gets everywhere and can be a right *** to get off afterwards!
          Club Secretary
          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)


          1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
          2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car


          You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

          Comment


          • #6
            Ive read Jeffs how to over and over again and I just don't think id do a good enough job of it, id rather let someone who knows what their doing do it for me

            Comment


            • #7
              re head linning

              i had never done a head linning before but after reading jefs instructions.i had a go.i did it in the back yard on a dry warm summers day.no wind and you need it warm to dry the spray glue.i would not attempt to do it in the winter and doing the spraying out side i did not have to worry about spraying on the floor

              Comment


              • #8
                re headlinning

                sorry i used the dinning table with a sheet on the top not on the floor but over spray on the slabs did not matter

                Comment

                Working...
                X