Xmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Present

Got a new mug and coaster for work and thought I'd share. This was before it went into my garage for strip down so not in this condition just now which I think is why my wife got me this to remind me

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
    Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
    Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Good wife you got there
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Been a while since I seen 108 last I heard engine out, guy was putting T16 in? Any recent pictures ?
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        Good wife you got there
        She is Jeff though she was helped by my hints

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
          Been a while since I seen 108 last I heard engine out, guy was putting T16 in? Any recent pictures ?
          Peter I think I'm the second owner since you last heard/seen it. The engine you had in with the work done was removed along with I think some extra performance bits you had fitted. He then sold it on to person who i bought it from. It Had some work done before I got it but the owner i got it from had got another project so was selling the Maestro on. There was an engine rebuild done before I got it which was fitted and running but although everything else was present there was still a bit of work to get it pieced back together and back on road! It was the standard Turbo engine not the T16 unfortunately...

It needed two new outer sills so I decided to strip it down to the best of my ability in my own garage (not a bare metal rebuild like your current).

Given I hadn't welded before and the usual day to day life getting in the way I'm taking my time with it

With the exception of the dashboard all the interior is stripped so I found 3 patches on the floor which I had to cut out and weld. Nearside sill is now on and all rot etc cut out. I'm now on to the offside sill which is off and I'm just trial fitting the new sill and shaping new metal for frtont and rear of it which I've had to cut away.

Only other bit of rot I've found is at the rear panel /boot floor but it is minimal.

I'll have a look to see what I've got for recent pics but it'll be in its stripped form. I have posted some on Instagram in case you're on it I'm under A8vmg. Otherwise I'll try and upload some there is about 4 in my album you'll see but for some reason I was having problems uploading to my album!

The PIC on the mug/coaster was when I'd picked it up and although in decent enough conditions the pictures do flatter it.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Also got a thoughtful wife, who understands my passion for my MG, and bought me this for Christmas. Having seen that mug and coaster though, I know what I want, once #436 is back on the road. Should be Spring/Summer 2016 all being well!
            Attached Files
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Was about 7 years ago when I owned it, needed Respray back then, but only because I had changed few panels, don't remember it being that rusty and put lot of man hours in to it, but at the time I owned 4 maestro turbos, sold 2 red ones, scrapped green one and gave all my attention to the white one.
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

It had the respray then Peter though it's not a great job. The sills could have been patched but I got two outer sills with the car so decided just to replace the whole sill. The other rust I only found when I stripped it down. Its not big patches on the floorpan in fairness probably only about 6" x 6" maximum cut outs. My old turbo was far far worse when I sold it. Trying to get to the bottom of as much as I can just now rather than having it back in the road and having to take it back off in a couple of year.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                  Also got a thoughtful wife, who understands my passion for my MG, and bought me this for Christmas. Having seen that mug and coaster though, I know what I want, once #436 is back on the road. Should be Spring/Summer 2016 all being well!
                  That looks good Pete might have to put that in next year's list......I also got one of the pewter models but it was the 1.:92 scale so it is tiny!! Smaller than a 50p piece even my wife said she was disappointed. It looked good though just too small. There is also a 1:43 scale which would've been better so think this is already in next year's list

My OH got the mug and coasters from photobox and it seems decent quality. I bought one of the "magic" mugs for my brother with his chevette on it and the quality of the photobox stuff definitely seems better so I would recommend them.
                  Last edited by macca666; 31st December 2015, 10:34.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Working...
                  X