Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody wants it.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Gone to a better place?

    Going - going - gone.
    It drove like a dream to it's final resting place, very smooth and running well, except for that bloody water pump (it's nemesis). I am not one to be that sentimental about motorised transport, but I do find it very annoying that you can't virtually give these cars away on a website populated by fans of these cars, true to say that there were some P.Ms of interest, but when responded to either disappeared and even refused to answer e-mails, or in one case reqiured home delivery 300+ miles away!
    To be more positive, I have driven Montegos since 1992, my first a Montego mayfair saloon (petrol) scrapped due to incredible rust, and the diesel estate, scrapped today. On the whole they have given good service both as daily work horse and holiday transport, when faulty, I've been forced to learn new skills, I never thought that I would be able to change and set up a cam shaft, but I did it! Also this wedsite and it's members have helped me in the past with electrical problems encountered with the Monty estate.
    I don't feel that I will be the owner of a Monty anymore, they are getting too old & too rough now to be reliable, without constant input, plus there are too many other, more modern cars out there at cheap prices to be ignored.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gary Seven; 27th March 2005, 13:49.

    Comment


    • #47
      you should have ebayed it, a landrover enthusiast may have wanted it for its engine or even someone looking for a cheap montego for spairs or repair.

      we sold a diesel maestro a couple of years ago (H reg), it was a proper shed, but we got 100 quid for it with no tax or test. the guy that bought it tidied it up a bit, tested it and sold it on for £600. there are plenty of people out there who want these cars if you're willing to put a little effort into selling one.

      just because this is an enthusiast forum doesnt mean if you post up that its for sale it will sell. Most people here already have at least one car, some own four or more. this is probably not a very good place to sell a car, plenty of people come on here and they would gladly give a car to a fellow enthusiast just to see that it goes to a caring home, the problem is that most of us have got as many cars as we can take, be it 1 or 10.......

      Andy
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

      Comment


      • #48
        Spares.

        A car that is mobile is a whole lot of (mobile) spares. It would seem that individuals will pay a scrappy any money for individual spares, but won't take a whole car, take what they want from it and have what is left towed away, free of charge, by far the cheapest option.
        As for E-bay they want to know too much personal information, plus E-bay is not the "answer all" that people claim it is. Especially when it comes to selling a car with such limited appeal.
        The logical move is to try and find interest within this and other dedicated forums, and I have done just that.
        If as you say, members have enough spares and cars to last them, then my task was an impossible one from the word go, because joe public just don't want Montegos anymore, especially in my area, and enthusiasts (when interested!) don't want to travel this far south.

        Comment


        • #49
          Had i Had the room, i would have snapped it up.
          But i already have 9 cars here, and cant justify another.
          I'm sorry to see that you felt that it had to be scrapped, but we cant save em all unfortunately.


          Mal

          Comment


          • #50
            >>>As for E-bay they want to know too much personal information,
            ===got something to hide that the approx 1 million UK eBay users haven't?

            >>>plus E-bay is not the "answer all" that people claim it is.
            ===your first statement suggests you won't use eBay, so how can you possibly know how effective it is?

            >>> Especially when it comes to selling a car with such limited appeal.
            ===hardly that limited as these clubs and forums indicate...

            You would have sold it if you'd taken the advice offered earlier, and put some effort in. It was right for me, I need silver panels and expressed interest, but unfortunately the negative vibes from your postings put me off following it up.
            midget1380@btinternet.com

            Comment


            • #51
              HEAVY MAN.

              "HEY MAN" don't jive me with those "NEGATIVE VIBES".......




              (1968 must have been a very good year).




              (For some, it never really ended).....

              Comment


              • #52
                Was going to say, I'd have had it if I possibly had room to keep it! I'm on the forum, but one Montego parked on the street in the city centre is as much as I can possibly keep without the council towing it away!

                Comment

                Working...
                X