Practical Classic magazine - March 2017 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical Classic magazine - March 2017 issue

Has a buying guide for the MG/Austin Maestro that features our very own Archivist Simon Heap and his immaculate 1.6SL Maestro.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Is that my old one? G825 NGN. The original owner from new would be interested in seeing it.

Comment

Hi Jez, It certainly is. Looks good too.

With all the recent press activity and the positive write ups it looks like the Maestro could be the next big thing!!

How ironic.

Comment

Thats whot happened to the Triumph Dolomite Sprint, just needs some good press and positive write ups and values go up!

Comment

Was a good read that. Good magazine in general.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

They Photoshop-ed my fuel filler out if you look closely...
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

So they have, its not on the drivers side there , why? In fact I am quite impressed the the Bl/Austin/Rover/MG etc content. Much more than last time I bought it. Think ail start buying it monthly again. Even a Rodacar maestro (which I am presuming is an apple been on an N plate) bee on an interesting journey. Wouldn't mind the previous issues to read up on it! Did the contributor Sam Sam Skelton use to post on here? Name rings a bell.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

He did indeed...this is the first time I've bought practical classics for a long time and was similarly impressed...last one I bought was more like "Impractical Classics"

Comment

It looks to me like the whole car has been airbrushed. Seems strange for a classic car magazine? Vogue it is not!

Comment

Nope, it was how the car was photographed - in a white room with uplighters and downlighters deliberately to avoid glare and also to pick out the contours, however "Hands Up" I admit there are one or two areas of light corrosion eg tailgate where Photoshop was required, just to present the car in the best way.
                    Vogue? I don't understand, please elaborate...

Comment

I was referring to Vogue magazine and the airbrushing of the models in there!

I was not referring to a Range Rover!

Simon, if you ever want to know more about my time with the car and who I brought it off, please PM me anytime.

Comment

Ah, Vogue Magazine... I see - I get it!

I'll take you up on that offer, Jez, thanks very much. As a previous owner, you'll be pleased to learn that NGN is well loved by my wife and I and the mileage is scarily creeping up (now 27,000) reason being that a car is for using and driving, not for looking at! Looking forward to April when it gets MOT'd again so I can insure it for anothe magic 5000 miles of '80s fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X