Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member on the trail of parts and knowledge .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member on the trail of parts and knowledge .

As a new owner of a 1989 White Austin Maestro 1600 automatic hatch I am suffering from that well known new owner keenness.I recognise this from my classic bike days now sadly unable to ride (legs gave up). I have small holes either side at the top of the sills immediately sought to buy new sills (silly me). I have now got someone to weld the sills . I pass this on for what interest it may have for members .Classic Car Parts have an original sill skin they can press one for £60 + delivery with a 2 month wait . Ex Pressed Steel Steel panels will make a batch of 10 sills on receipt of a Genuine NOS sill with a 10 month wait .
    I live in Worcester Park if there are any nearby owners who will allow me to visit or for that matter visit me I can promise a warm welcome and a hot kettle . Regards Mick

Hi and welcome, surely it would be better to patch the holes at the top of the sills if the rest of it is solid? Any good Bodyshop could do that
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Yes thanks for that jeff. I didnt make myself clear ,he is cutting out the bad at the top and welding in a new piece . Someone has already had a go at filling the holes but with no success . Regards Mick

Comment

I have messaged you concerning a sill panel and where to find it mick, you'll need to ring and confirm if they still have it, Its the LH one

Comment

For those who are searching for sills the part numbers are as follows. RH BEP466 superceeded by BEP2142. LH BEP467 superceeded by BEP2143, best of luck in finding some, but John has found that the bottom part is very close to a Metro https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...repair-section
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th December 2019, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
          X