Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar for 2021?

Dear All
    In the last couple of years the M&MOC has produced an Xmas calendar featuring lots of lovely Maestros and Montegos (mostly from current owners). As 2020 has been completely unprecedented for so many of us (in so many ways) I wondered whether there would be an appetite for a club calendar this year? It could be something that showcases the camaraderie, the friendships, and above all the fun we have owning and running these cars.
    I'm also open to whether we go with the traditional A4 sized hang-it-on-a-wall type, or perhaps an A5 sized desk style.
    It would be helpful to get a feel for the level of interest/demand before we start the usual process, but I'm turning it over to you - the owners and enthusiasts - to express your opinion.
    Pricing will - as before - be discounted for M&MOC members, but the calendar will be available to anyone who wants to buy one (or several!)
    Please respond on this thread so we know whether it's a viable project or not (and I will need to get busy soon if it is)

Thanks

Andrew

I haven't bought one for a few years now, but I can see why many would. I would say an A4 type would be better.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

I'd buy either; or one of each if both types were produced

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
      1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
      1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Ok folks so we seem to have about 20 people interested in the calendar, so the project is a go!
        Now we need some suitable photos.
        If M&MOC members can send photos to this email address - a.stokell@leeds.ac.uk - with a subject of 'Calendar'
        If the photos can be of your Maestro or Montego, and preferably not one you have submitted previously to past club calendars.
        If they can either show you on the road with the vehicle, or at a show, engaging with the public, and hopefully having fun/sharing a laugh with other owners/club members.
        Please try to send high quality images (300dpi minimum), as otherwise they would not look good when printed at 'calendar size.'
        Closing deadline for submission of photos will be midnight on 27th November.
        I will make the gallery of submissions available online on Saturday 28th.
        Voting from club members (please include your club membership number), will run from then until midnight on 30th November.
        Results will be posted online on 1st December, and I will also post costs, p&p, and how to pay instructions.

Calendars will be available for sale to anyone interested, but M&MOC members will get a preferential rate.

Ok, over to you

Thanks, Andrew

Comment

We've had a few issues with voting for the club calendar, so try this link instead -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HwL...ew?usp=sharing

When it asks you what to open it with, try 'Google sheets'

To make up for this delay/technical problem, voting is extended until 9am on 1st December

Comment

Afternoon all.
            Many thanks to folks who have sent in photos.
            Voting is underway and closes tomorrow at 9am.
            Members - please get involved as your vote can count! (only 5 set of votes in so far, so we do need to hear from more of you)

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Not sure if others are having the same issue as me but the link asks me to open (or sign into) a Google account. Unless i do i will neither be able to view or vote on the photos. As far as i'm aware i don't have and never have had a Google account. The good news is the calendar will be a surprise when delivered.....

Comment

Sorry Zephyr, other folks didn't notify me of a problem with latest link. Do I take it you'd like to go on the waiting list for one?

Comment

The problem with the link is at my end i'm sure. I tried throwing another bucket of coal on my late 2009 mac mini but......
                  Yes, please put me on the list for one calendar

Comment

Working...
                  X