Heritage certificate.....simple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage certificate.....simple?

So, after spending over £130 for a heritage pack for my maestro, 2 arrived.
    one had 6 mistakes on it Inc my silver car having opaline as colour, brushwood as interior!
    The second one was a lot closer with just the 1 mistake, osprey leather interior!
    how accurate and trustworthy are these cirts? Are they gospel according to Edwards, or hit ànd miss?

So do I send this back?

Anything like that can only be as good as the source data, in this case the build records of the time. If you believe there has been a mistake, then you also need to be absolutely sure that the specification was not changed during the cars early life, either by a dealer or previous owner. How come you have two and they have different details? Is the heritage pack that expensive these days? I thought it was under £50 for the certificate and an extra cost for the hertigae pack version.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Strange that there were two different ones sent out. The original colour & trim are easy enough to check with the vin plate (on an early MG the trim is even easier to check, code is RCA, red carpet, everything else flint/osprey). What were the other errors?

Comment

Working...
      X