Austin Garages Burton on Trent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Garages Burton on Trent

Does anyone have up-to-date information on whether Austin Garages at Burton on Trent (Nick Bonthrone) is re-opening? I had heard so much praise for Nick and his set-up, & we finally were in a position to have our 'L' Reg Montego Countryman given a big make-over this summer. I phoned up early June and was very sorry to hear the voicemail that the garage was closed because of a 'close family breavement'. I followed this up with a sympathetic email.... then a 2nd - as tactful as I could be - but heard nothing. Nick did email me in July , appreciating the sympathy, & saying that they hoped to re-open in August... since then nothing. I have left a voicemail and a couple more emails, but it feels too awkward to make any further contact. I am very sorry, as it has clearly been a major family tragedy. Does anyone have an update? If they really aren't opening again,I need to find another set-up that might do a similar job - engine, electricals& bodywork. Can anyone recommend a workshop that can achieve all that, approaching the standard of Nick's amazing reputation? Although London-based, we are prepared to travel just about anywhere.... The challenge now is that the MOT and Tax runs out at the end of this month...

As far as i'm aware he wasn't opened up for quite awhile now. some one in the family passed away and it hit the family hard. He's still selling things on ebay but not opening the workshop atm, he also has a few cars stuck there as he won't open up so the owners can extract them
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I popped in to visit the garage in October and he was busy working on a blue Allegro.
      His wife was also there although they advised that they did not repair bodywork.
      Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the replies, and for the confirmation that Nick was working in October. Glad that they are slowly getting back to 'normal', but sad that I haven't had a reply to my messages to put me in the picture. Interesting about the bodywork. I thought they had links with another firm who woild look after that side of things.

Comment

Working...
        X