Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Reconditioning Company Recommendations

Hi,

Some of you will know I've owned #413 for 20 years, and it's been off road all that time. I've got to the stage where I might be able to have the time to get the engine reconditioned, and if the wind blows in the right direction, there's a chance it could be MOT'ed and Taxed next year.

Just after some advice on decent engine reconditioning companies. I'm based in Manchester, but willing to drive down south if it's a really reputable company.

Cheers,

Mat.
    1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

I can't recommend anyone near you but when you get one tread carefully. I thought I had a good one but it was a disaster
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Not particularly close, but this is the firm the local Rover dealer here used to use, not the nearest one that they could have used either.. https://cleasbys.co.uk/

Comment

Cheers both, cleasybys may be far but I would rather have a decent engine and drive a long way, than the other way round
        1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
        1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_C View Post
          Cheers both, cleasybys may be far but I would rather have a decent engine and drive a long way, than the other way round
          Good point. I only found out about Cleasbys when I was in Bishops garage having a moan about the mess that a more local firm had made of my cylinder head.....

Comment

Working...
          X