Stolen cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial

I hope you're covering the dash on sunny days, that's something I'm paranoid about!
    I've always been paranoid about a deteriorating dashboard. I use UV protectant turtle wax dash cleaner and if parking the car for prolonged periods place thick layers of newspaper over the speedo area. Failing that you could just use a sunshade over the windscreen everytime you park up! Once the dash has crept upward and away from the dials surround panel I think applying black dashboard paint considerably improves on the look of exposed grey vinyl.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Just come across this thread, looking at that car it’s amazing that the little scotes managed to walk away without spilling any blood they don’t usually wear seatbelts for a quicker bunk when the Law’s on their tail. What really gets me is that the buggers always think they can drive but every nicked car I’ve seen ends up looking like it’s been in a banger race.
      How did they nick it anyway? Window smashed or door lock job, when they nicked my Metro there was no damage to the door but they barrelled the steering lock (x3)!!
      Any news on the perps? Bet the Police have some idea and got their beady eyes on the likely suspects. The worrying thing is the little **** who crashed that will probably be on the road legally in a couple of year’s time, if he can afford the insurance because him and his mates have been nicking cars left, right and centre And it costs all of us a packet as well
      KitBryson

Comment

A flashing led alarm light costs less than a fiver - worth having as a deterrent
        Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

Oh for sure.
          But as i say, i did have an alarm ready and waiting to fit to it but i got side-tracked and concentrated on welding my Mini..

I will never make that mistake again i assure you!
          Nevertheless, i still have the alarm sat in the box so when the Mini is reassembled i will fit it to that!

Comment

H39 EAY Maestro 1600 HL Auto stolen this week end out side my house usual blue and grey

Comment

Working...
            X