Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another MG Montego Turbo project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Finally got the thing off, had to grind it off and force it with a home made puller in the end.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th November 2013, 15:00.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #32
      Oil pump now off, made a bit of a mess getting the old one out
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th November 2013, 12:59.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #33
        Put a filter here to stop any rust from the tank getting in to the carb.
        Also fixed the nearside door mirror and have got the engine ready to remove the next crank bolt etc so I can put this oil pump on.
        Also got the exhaust ready to be put on from existing parts.
        As usual with this car 2 steps forward and one back as the brakes stopped working and the pedal went straight to the floor.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th November 2013, 13:10.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #34
          Left to do
          Engine
          Oil pump
          Attach plenum
          Attach air filter and housing
          Attach boost pipes, HALF DONE
          Attach Heat shield

          Body etc
          Complete exhaust READY TO GO ON
          Replace both steering rack gaitors
          Attach and paint rear bumper
          Change rear boot panel. GOT
          Sort brakes
          Replace wheels with white Turbo metrics. GOT WHEELS, CENTRES AND 5 NEW TYRES

          Interior
          Replace dash. GOT REPLACEMENT
          Re-cover headlining. GOT MATERIAL
          BIG clean up
          Added. Move car to my barn
          So getting there slowly
          The car will then have a couple of things welded then go in for its MOT, the first for a number of years.
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th December 2013, 10:41.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment


          • #35
            Was struggling to find an oil pump gasket but found one on Rimmers website so happy bunny here then. Just to make sure I will take it with me
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #36
              This arrived yesterday to replace the servo on the car if needed.
              Very little rust and other than the oil pump gasket only the second thing I've had to buy
              £25 including postage is a bargain as its in great condition, a find on ebay
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th December 2013, 10:25.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #37
                same here mate another tubs project G plate

                good on ya mate, I've just got my one yesterday after 20yrs of the last one I owned, you got any parts panels ie, bonnet & boot turbo (spoiler not needed), any colour as car is being prepared for POL.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tonyrs View Post
                  good on ya mate, I've just got my one yesterday after 20yrs of the last one I owned, you got any parts panels ie, bonnet & boot turbo (spoiler not needed), any colour as car is being prepared for POL.
                  I have a spare silver bonnet but the paint has grazed on it..
                  Post up some pics of you Turbo, always good to see one
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                  2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Just read this through again Jeff. Very impressed with the work you've put in to bring this car back to life.
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Just read this through again Jeff. Very impressed with the work you've put in to bring this car back to life.
                      Thanks Ed, its taking time but slowly getting there. After my blue digidash is roadworthy its either this or my sons red MG Monty Turbo to be finished.
                      Projects never end
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                        Put a filter here to stop any rust from the tank getting in to the carb.
                        Also fixed the nearside door mirror and have got the engine ready to remove the next crank bolt etc so I can put this oil pump on.
                        Also got the exhaust ready to be put on from existing parts.
                        As usual with this car 2 steps forward and one back as the brakes stopped working and the pedal went straight to the floor.
                        Hi Jeff,

                        Great work so far I did not relise you had done so much on her.

                        In the photo the filiter is on the return feed to the tank so will not stop any rust going to the carb.
                        *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                        Follow me at
                        FourNineSix

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by EVO AL View Post
                          Hi Jeff,

                          Great work so far I did not relise you had done so much on her.

                          In the photo the filiter is on the return feed to the tank so will not stop any rust going to the carb.
                          Oooo that's rather embarrasing if it is
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by EVO AL View Post
                            Hi Jeff,

                            Great work so far I did not relise you had done so much on her.

                            In the photo the filiter is on the return feed to the tank so will not stop any rust going to the carb.
                            Fuel in and vent pipe to the left, return pipe to the right surely Al?
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              This could be for sale soon if anyone is interested. Drop me a pm
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The car is now sold awaiting payment thanks for all who were interested
                                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th April 2014, 05:41.
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X