No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike to be honest no, just straight swapped it am guessing would prob work better with new higher amp wiring and relay, but I had no problems either
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

• I would look into that Peter just in case as I was advised against that - thats way I wondered what you did.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Only problem I had the 044 pump is bigger than the OE pump, so had to trim protective foam that goes round the pump in the cradle, wires on the OE are push on, the 044 pump there bolted and came with out fitments had to buy seprately off ebay, am sure I bought 9mm outlet 19mm inlet I can double check if needed
        Last edited by charliecosworth; 21st November 2014, 14:44.
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

• The 044 consumes more amps than what the OE wires can handle Peter. I would seriously consider using OE wires as a on/off supply to the relay only. Then heavier gauge wire feeding directly from battery to relay. Could potentially fry your wires if you don't.

Comment

• www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

Comment

• will add it to list of jobs am going to do next year, prob whilst doing battery in boot conversion i got planned.
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

• Yes I just checked the specs and it has a max current draw of 15.5amps

So you'll want a 20/25/30 amp fuse and suitably rated cable too.
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• been a while since i updated my blog...

plans this year 400bhp plus

to do list..
                  Battery in boot conversion, rewire the petrol pump with right rated amp wire
                  GTX30 76R New turbo
                  Charge cooler
                  Double width intercooler, hoping these items will push it over the 400 bhp mark

started today with battery in boot conversion alloy battery tray fitted, with live lead from BMW diesel estate (these cars have battery in boot) all went well.
                  managed to get charge cooler good second hand one PWR one this one below

http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index....roducts_id=195

charge cooler rated at 450bhp, going to run with double intercooler for max cooling, cooler rad i think is going to be from MK1 focus RS which is small and slimline to fit along behind front grill this one below will just need custom brackets which i will make.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRTEC-For...item58a39a6bef

my buys

any ideas or advice feel free to comment
                  Last edited by charliecosworth; 14th March 2015, 20:58.
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

• Intercooler looks very similar to the one i have fitted in my Maestro van, which as you say fits behind the grill and under the slam panel - my headlights had to be modified to allow for the pipes to pass through. Neat place to install.

Comment

• Oli did you use the Focus RS intercooler? Am trying to find out dimensions for it on internet no joy.
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

• I assume you are routing it:

Turbo--> Charge cooler --> Intercooler --> Carb
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• Turbo - intercooler - chargecooler - inlet manifold

Was reading on Internet best to keep charge cooler has close to inlet manifold has you can get it
                          MG Maestro turbo 437
                          367 Bhp

Comment

• The rs chargecooler rad looks small for a 400+ car i think Peter?

Comment

• Heard of focus RS with 350 bhp running on Stanard charge cooler rad, hoping this uprated airtec 70mm core would be up to the job, it's more about space up front and neat install
                              MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

• Good stuff Peter - you'll have fun cramming al that in.

Comment

Working...
                                X