No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes straight swap, that's what I did fitted the Quaife diff which still had maestro turbo gearing on, top speed 153 at 6000 revs, there a good gearbox
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

• That's good info Peter many thanks. Is it two cogs that need changed - the large diff obviously and a small gear that drives the diff?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• You can only change the diff one, the other one is part of main shaft and you can't change that for maestro turbo one as there different sizes
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

• Right understood - good upgrade and cheap new gearbox. Hows your clutch holding out? I ask as I have the same one if I remember correctly?

Comment

• At last the car back from paint shop, over the moon how its turned out..
            and now i have week off work to rebuild the inside up, waxing up all the doors, couple rolls of fat mat inside of doors and floor, fit carpets and seats then good vax..

clutch is doing well mike, but it as slipped once or twice in the higher gears so think it may be on its limits, spoke to grant from GBE next clutch up would be twin clutch which isn't cheap but its on the cards as am planning upgrade for turbo and larger intercooler plus possible water/meth injection won't be happy till over 400BHP
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

• Cheeky picture of the front, now wearing headlight protectors, and sunroof sun blind looking very retro

MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

• She's an absolute beauty Peter museum quality With 400hp on tap it would be wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. I think the clutch would be alright for my set up as 300hp should be achievable - or over I hope? Did you manage to swap those driveshaft's over?

Comment

• car only been back few days so not had time swap them over are you rush for them? was going to leave them till i change clutch rather than doing same job twice.
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

• Not in a rush Peter - it'll be a while before required. It's sensible as you say to swap them when you upgrade clutch. My car is booked up for restoration in 6 months time - and expected time frame in paint shop is another 4 months! So next March 2017 when I get car back?

Comment

• Clutch will take a little time to bed in but if you need something bespoke there is a place near me which supplies them custom built (I think they supply Grant!).
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                        Cheeky picture of the front, now wearing headlight protectors, and sunroof sun blind looking very retro

That looks great Pete. Nicely done mate
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                          Clutch will take a little time to bed in but if you need something bespoke there is a place near me which supplies them custom built (I think they supply Grant!).
                          Hi ETV
                          Do you know its contact details ? thanks

Thanks Jeff labour of love and huge money pit
                          MG Maestro turbo 437
                          367 Bhp

Comment

• http://www.clutch-manufacturer.co.uk/

website is pants but they are based in my town and will make you up what you want. I keep meaning to get them to reline my helix clutch.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• That looks the dog's b***ocks hope mine comes out as good in the summer

Comment

• Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                                http://www.clutch-manufacturer.co.uk/

website is pants but they are based in my town and will make you up what you want. I keep meaning to get them to reline my helix clutch.
                                thanks dan i will give them a call...helix clutch is what i have now didn't even last 2,000 miles
                                MG Maestro turbo 437
                                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X