MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

• Mike i found that link for gearbox ratios if still needed

http://rover-coupe.com/rcoc/index.ph...ndex&Itemid=27
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

• Thanks Peter - interesting that you just input the gearbox codes and it comes up with gear ratios. I use this calculator so you can input the diff ratio. Makes all the difference with a 3.65 maestro turbo diff ratio with the kv6 box.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• well i have decided to take the car off the road for few months whilst i do some upgrades and in prove some others.

turbo and intercooler have now been removed, turbo going to owens for upgrade from 63 to 71 on the blower side make the turbo good for over 500bhp not that i will push it to its limits.

the poor little intercooler must of been working its socks off with 367bhp- 21psi going thought it, thats being upgraded too either double width one or custom fit one from focus rs made by Radtec.

when car left ticking over in traffic for long periods temp would start to raise 3/4 mark so the single 80w fan has been replaced by 2 120w fans these should keep engine on cool side.

the plan of action over 400 bhp is my target !!!!
          Last edited by charliecosworth; 9th June 2016, 21:03.
          MG Maestro turbo 437
          367 Bhp

Comment

• Exciting!

Let us know how you get on with the upgrades.
            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
            Follow me at
            FourNineSix

Comment

• been a while since i updated my blog, new turbo and intercooler arrived

turbo is GTX28 71R the largest you can go in T28 range with polished housing, fitted forged actuator which is actually listed for saab 93 but seems to fit perfect had 1.5 bar spring fitted. Another problem i had was fitting actuator to the turbo couldn't get a bracket anywhere in uk, took a chance on all alloy one from china fitted perfect i touched lucky!

Intercooler is double the size of the old one but with smaller core 60mm, this was biggest i could go due to double fans i decided to fit.

had to move the intercooler brackets out by 30mm stop intercooler hitting the fans also fitted 2 L shaped brackets on inside of intercooler just to make sure no movement.

new turbo and intercooler now fitted..

decided to heat wrap the down pipe and bottom heater pipes, turbo now got heat jacket on

MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

• Very well put together Peter. How is the upgraded clutch doing? Can't be too long now before 400brake is released. Just thinking your dump valve looks small for what it is.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Still waiting on clutch it hasn't been delivered yet, going to give it end of month still not here go to plan B, also waiting on clutch cable asked a company to make me one off cable with manual adjustment and slightly stronger.
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

• thought would take new turbo and intercooler for little run, had nice trip to the lakes yesterday sunshine all day.
                    For some reason only boosting to 15 psi? even though i asked for 1.5 bar spring to be fitted, boost is now controlled by ECU by electric boost controller going to plug laptop in over weekend see if i can find anything to adjust, or might be just case getting it live mapped again when new clutch is fitted, old turbo boosted to 21 psi!

Last edited by charliecosworth; 21st August 2016, 13:15.
                    MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

Comment

• Now that does look good.

I have a white turbo too but it's a long way off finished but it's pictures like this helps to inspire me to get on with it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by carfix View Post
                        Now that does look good.

I have a white turbo too but it's a long way off finished but it's pictures like this helps to inspire me to get on with it!!
                        Thanks some light at the end of tunnel now nearly finished
                        MG Maestro turbo 437
                        367 Bhp

Comment

• Pretty impressive Peter. Just hope that mine will be on par with that (visually at least!) when its back on the road next year!
                          Membership Secretary
                          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

• thanks pete, if it's giving people ambition to get there cars done all the better we need more on the road!
                            MG Maestro turbo 437
                            367 Bhp

Comment

• My target at the moment is the NEC show in March next year. Just hope I don't find any major gliches when I start the rebuild. Gonna be an interesting winter!
                              Membership Secretary
                              Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                              2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                              1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

• with new clutch on order due to it starting to slip in 5th gear, i decided to strip it down ready to fit new clutch.
                                There was small weep of oil bottom of engine so was expecting to replace rear crank shaft oil seal, wasn't expecting to find totally dry crank shaft oil seal and inside bell housing caked in gearbox fluid, looks like the input shaft seal had gone on gearbox never seen one go before on PG1 box, not much wear on clutch put covered in gearbox fluid so now scrap.

old box now stripped of its goodies

new gearbox ready to fit, just need to fit diff, speedo drive, and swap over new type drive shaft seals for the older rubber type.

just hope clutch is here for Friday has promised.

MG Maestro turbo 437
                                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X